What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 3 stopped putting Sent files in the Sent Folder. How can I fix this?

Star56

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Emails are sending just not storing in the Sent File folder.

According to a post on ilounge this is a new upgrade feature of the ipad3 email app. Copies of email are sent directly to Apple for archiving instead of the sent box. You can request your sent emails from Apple by filling out a form on their website.

OP
C

computeruser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why would I want Apple to have my emails? This is as stupid as the Cloud concept. I wonder if this is an invasion of privacy.

Thanks for the info.

Midranger4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
computeruser said:

Is this iCloud email specific? And you specify keep copies in sent folder?

The option is there to archive on their servers OR on the iPad.

Do you have this ticked?

image-2185172258.png

Last edited:

Mbspears

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got to your mail settings. Make sure archive is off and them check that sent messages are set to map to the sent folder.

Tibbs1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My apologies if this is a stupid question. I' m new to IPad (ipad3 - have had it a week and loving it.) I don't seem to have Sent box. I'm not using ICloud. Have checked settings for mail in the Settings. Can't see any Settings in Mail itself. I have Outlook and Gmail syncing pc through ITunes and working very well. Thank you for any helps.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My apologies if this is a stupid question. I' m new to IPad (ipad3 - have had it a week and loving it.) I don't seem to have Sent box. I'm not using ICloud. Have checked settings for mail in the Settings. Can't see any Settings in Mail itself. I have Outlook and Gmail syncing pc through ITunes and working very well. Thank you for any helps.

It may could be that you are not looking in the right area for your Sent Mail. There are many layers in Mail - sometimes it takes a bit of digging and pushing (pressing?) of buttons to find what you want.

You are probably in All Inboxes most of the time (and see the Mail for both your accounts). Take a look at the top left - there should be a button. Press it to go back until you see your iPad look like this (-ish):

View attachment 20286

You have to be in the bottom area, under Accounts, to see the Sent mail. This area is also where you need to be to see the Outbox, Drafts and any folders you may have created.

He this helps. Oh, and BTW - welcome to iPad Forums. It's good to "see" you and I hope you enjoy your visits. And - there's no such thing as a stupid question, here. We all were new once and needed help figuring this thing out. Heck, I still learn something n about the iPad all the time - and I've been "playing" with them for two years! :) So, ask away.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts