What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 3 Solder Pad

otpowell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello all, I'm replacing the speaker on my iPad 3 when the connector came off and damaged a solder pad. The solder pad which is fourth from the right. I have soldering skills, microscope, etc.

My question is, does one of those copper circles connect to this 4th pin so that I can jump a fine wire back to the molex connector? If so, which copper circle is it? The one next to what appears to be a surface mount capacitor?
Anyone know how I would jump this back to the connector?

48e33be5d385bfb071dda2416191e9e9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Last edited:
OP
O

otpowell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's possible that you may have damaged the logic board beyond repair. Here is an iFixit thread which tells you which part you need to replace the connector. I have Broken connector on logicboard for speakers - iPad 3 Wi-Fi
This is the iFixit guide for replacing the speaker. iPad 3 4G Speaker Replacement

Here's a photo of what the speaker connector is supposed to look like.
View attachment 71149

Thank you, but it's not the connector that I need, I need to know how to jump a broken solder pad, if possible. Otherwise I think I may need to buy a new logic board. I saw a thread where someone mentioned jumping a pin from the connector to one of those round, copper pads. I just don't know if this is possible, also which pad is connected to pin #4

Hitech101

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you, but it's not the connector that I need, I need to know how to jump a broken solder pad, if possible. Otherwise I think I may need to buy a new logic board. I saw a thread where someone mentioned jumping a pin from the connector to one of those round, copper pads. I just don't know if this is possible, also which pad is connected to pin #4

Hi
Did you already fix your ipad.?what did you do? Because I had the same problem like you. I damaged the solder pads.
Thanls

Most reactions

Latest posts