What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New iPad 3 might come with new connector size

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
ipad3-connector.jpg

Apple might be preparing for a connector change in all their products if pictures of the new iPad3 dock connector is real. Pictures of a smaller 30-pin streamlined configuration have surfaced the web through Macotakara website, an Asian supplier. There is no way to know if that is the prototype the production model will have, but the website does claim the device is already done and ready to be manufactured early next year, with a launch date in March 2012. If that’s the connector Apple has settled on, then it will be the first device since the 2003 iPod not to use the standard size cables.

If the pictures are true, then other Apple products will need new wires or an adapter that could transform the new connector into the old one so you could interchange the wires from your devices. Macotakara has reported that the iPad 3 would feature the same size screen as the iPad and iPad 2, but it is yet unclear whether or not Apple will increase the screen resolution. It’s already been rumored that Apple is testing retina displays, which leads to questions about the innovations the iPad3 would bring.

However, we must remember that the leaked components so far have created more far-fetched stories than the actual truth and predicting the final product has always been hard and the predictions inaccurate. A spring 2012 release would keep the ipad on an annual refresh cycle and most Apple users are expecting to see if the new device has Steve Job’s touch.

Source: theipadguide

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I am very happy w my iPad 2.

Sent from my Pink Hearts Sparkly Black Verizon 32GB iPhone 4 using iPF

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
twana50 said:
Nice ipad 3

I don't need an updated or extra camera. It WOULD be nice we were able to upload docs onto website i.e. resumes and such.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't need an updated or extra camera. It WOULD be nice we were able to upload docs onto website i.e. resumes and such.

What's the problem doing that?

There are several third-party browsers that are able to do this.

Tim

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
What's the problem doing that?

There are several third-party browsers that are able to do this.

Tim

Well, haven't been able to do it yet. I've downloaded iCal, expensive FTP on the go against my better judgement. Will these browsers allow my iPad act as if I were on a pc or Mac to upload docs onto a website ie my resume on monster?

Would you be so kind as to recommend some browsers? Thanks so much for your help!!

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 using iPF

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I like the iCab browser as it allows you to select your browser id for those sites which regard mobile browsers as second rate, if only to avoid those "Have you tried our iPad app" screens.
Mine for example is set to report itself as firefox 4.

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
Changing the docking receptacle will complicate ownership of multiple devices for those with earlier generation gear and
peripherals. I don't see Apple moving away from its ease of use design and functionality principles.

Re: retina display for iPad. That's going to be a game changer for pricing. The cost of an iPhone 4s is roughly the same as a 16G
iPad with present screen technology.

AA

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hasty said:
I like the iCab browser as it allows you to select your browser id for those sites which regard mobile browsers as second rate, if only to avoid those "Have you tried our iPad app" screens.
Mine for example is set to report itself as firefox 4.

Interesting and you are able to upload as if you are on a computer??

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
kravdog said:
Why not just use the monster.com app?

I also upload to other sites besides monster though.

Most reactions

Latest posts