What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 3 retina display is greenish -- it's best feature is messed up

PaulCarleton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My color analyzer doesn't work anymore and the company that manufactured it's out of business so I'm going either have to buy a new one or borrow one from a buddy of mine

OP
R

rconn2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just another quick follow-up... I compared a color bar test pattern on my iPad 2 and 3 and a new Panasonic Viera plasma TV using the hdmi adapter. I asked my gf to look at each color bar on the tv and pick which iPad was the closest match. One color bar was a toss up, all the others were best matched by the iPad 3. The Panasonic is set to a good setting (I researched on avs forum and cnet).

So, my iPad 3 has now been the best match vs. the 2 for two decently calibrated hdtv's. The whites are clean and bright whites. The difference with the iPad 2 is mostly noticeable with some blue hues where the 2's are a lighter baby blue and the 3's are a deeper indigo and sometimes even towards purplish... yet these blues (unexpectedly for me) are close to those displayed on a Sony LCD and now a Panasonic plasma HDTV.

I'm really happy with this turn of events. When I get a chance, I'd still like to compare with store models. My guess is that the displays will be very close... I'm not a panel expert, but I'd think uniformity based on the same parts and process is most likely.

My iPad is a 64gb 4g+wifi AT&T week 9.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts