What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 3 release delayed,

zipur

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Heard on NPR today that a Chinese company is suing apple over the iPad name and they are asking to block the release date until the case is settled. Wouldn't that be a killer.

"Post are better with pictures ".

exile

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What's your source that the release "is delayed"?

This isn't something new, its been an on going battle. Proview is just being dbags and taking advatange of the timing and situation.

Knowing that the 3 is about to be released... Oh hey we're going to sue you for a trademark and get more money out of you just like in December; because we're cheap like that. Kidding. Not. I'm sure that's what they were thinking :what:

I hope it doesn't get delayed... :mad:

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The latest word was that China was not planning to block the sale of iPads in other countries because Apple has uncontested rights to the name everywhere but China, and Foxconn has more financially induced legal rights than Proview.

ipadder474

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I think apple is more worried about the bad press of the working conditions in the Chinese Foxconn factory, and might wait till this item is fixed. Meaning Foxconn improves the working conditions and the length of the workers hours. People do not want iPads made by slave labor.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
zipur said:
Heard on NPR today that a Chinese company is suing apple over the iPad name and they are asking to block the release date until the case is settled. Wouldn't that be a killer.

Why did they take so long to do so??? The iPad is almost 2 years old!!

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 With IOS 5.01 Update From NYC using iPF

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
wait, you can't sue for something thats not been announced or even been acknowledged to exist.
They could sue for the current iPads.

Psdsoft

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tlbaker said:
Why did they take so long to do so??? The iPad is almost 2 years old!!

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 With IOS 5.01 Update From NYC using iPF

Two years? I got mine on day 1 and still have a mnth and a bit on my 12 month data plan!

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
Two years? I got mine on day 1 and still have a mnth and a bit on my 12 month data plan!
You must have the iPad 2 witch is coming up on 1 year old. The first generation iPad is 2 years old. apple releases new models at about the same time each year and this will be the third generation.

Psdsoft

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MikesTooLz said:
You must have the iPad 2 witch is coming up on 1 year old. The first generation iPad is 2 years old. apple releases new models at about the same time each year and this will be the third generation.

Whoops. I should have read the op better.

pego99

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Where is the proof of this thread title? So the march 7th event has been cancelled according to you?

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
Pego99 at this point there is no proof for anything.

no proof that there even is an iPad 3.

No proof March 3rd will be an iPad announcement.

all iPad 3 info are rumors at this point, apple has not said anything and they never do until they actually make the announcement. People invited to the announcements/key notes don't know what exactly they are going for, they just assume that since this is around the time a new iPad is due that is probably what apple will be talking about.

Last edited:

pego99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
[Moderator edit: Removed rude comment. Please, let's have a bit more respect for others on this forum. Not only is it the polite thing to do - it's in our rules. Thanks.]

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
zipur

zipur

iPF Novice
Reaction score
pego99 said:
Where is the proof of this thread title? So the march 7th event has been cancelled according to you?

There were several news reports early on regarding this. However apple has settled the law suites the iPad name is good to go everywhere but china.

Most reactions

Latest posts