What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 3 Deleting Emails

1fatbloke

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Everybody

Having connected my email account to Virgin it has decided to download 7866 emails!!!! allmy past emails.
I've downloaded the manual for the ipad 3 and it reads as though you can only delete one at a time from your inbox but once they are in the trash can you can select and delete all does anybody know if there is a quicker way to delete from my inbox?

regards
Steve

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
7000+? Quickest way I can think of is to delete the account, delete all emails from your computer, the add the account again.

Any standard way of deleting emails on the iPad will take you a dog's age.

I'm thinking you might need to check your account settings with Virgin, to make sure that you are deleting them from the server when you delete from your inbox. If not, you'll just go through the same thing again. I don't use POP email so I don't know how you'd do this.

Sent from my iPad 4 HD mini

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
no need to delete the account from iPad, once you delete from a computer they should remove from iPad that next time you check your mail on the iPad.

also in mail settings on the iPad you can set the account to only download the latest number of emails and select a number like only the latest 100 emails.

Czevski

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You should check your account on-line. It is much easier to batch erase there. But in the ipad mail account, when you check edit, circles appear to the left of each e-mail that you have. Tap each circle, slide the list up and keep going. Then choose delete. Don't mark those you want to keep.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You should also manage you Virgin account. The reason it brought down 7000+ emails in the first place is because you are leaving them on the server forever. Unless you have a really good reason to do that, you should get in there and clean house. I have my PC email programs delete mail off the server after it has become a week old. That way, I can get the emails at both home and work. Some don't need or want to get them at two locations, so you can have your PC email program delete them after one week on your home PC.

Most reactions