What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do I stop new iPad from downloading old emails?

shirlw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, my ipad3 keeps downloading old emails as unread, even though I have previously deleted them directly from my googlemail account on the home computer. I have been deleting them one by one, about 60 of them download each time, but this is very time consuming especially as there are over 13,000 emails still waiting to download! I have tried email settings and set this to 50 emails at a time as suggested by another member but this doesn't seem to have any effect. Any ideas please? Shirl

gbasarab

iPF Noob
Reaction score
shirlw said:
Hi, my ipad3 keeps downloading old emails as unread, even though I have previously deleted them directly from my googlemail account on the home computer. I have been deleting them one by one, about 60 of them download each time, but this is very time consuming especially as there are over 13,000 emails still waiting to download! I have tried email settings and set this to 50 emails at a time as suggested by another member but this doesn't seem to have any effect. Any ideas please? Shirl

Hi Shirl, The issue is with the settings in whatever you use for accessing your gmail account. You need to change your account settings to remove messages from the server after downloading to your computer. In MS Outlook (2010), you go to Internet Email settings, MoreSettings, and the Advanced tab. Greg

OP
S

shirlw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
gbasarab said:
Hi Shirl, The issue is with the settings in whatever you use for accessing your gmail account. You need to change your account settings to remove messages from the server after downloading to your computer. In MS Outlook (2010), you go to Internet Email settings, MoreSettings, and the Advanced tab. Greg

Hi Greg, thanks very much for taking the time to reply. We did this and problem now solved. Took a few days for the emails to stop coming through but I am very happy now! Cheers, Shirl

Most reactions