What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 3 camera (both rear+front) not working

xenakim

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I dropped my iPad from about 2-3 ft above the ground but haven't worried about any damages to it because it wasn't high enough.
I don't use "Camera" app very often, so I cannot tell exactly when this went wrong, but...

Both my rear and front cameras stopped working some time after I dropped it.
I tried to check on my cameras after downloading other camera apps, but it only returned
"rear camera is not working" and "front camera not found" messages.

Another weird thing that happend about the same time is the pre-installed "Camera" and "Safari" apps erased themselves from my iPad!!?

Can anybody see what might be going on with my iPad? :(

Xena

Project37

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sounds like the camera connectors must have come loose from the fall. I would first try the following. Hook up your iPad to your iTunes. Right click on your iPad listed on the left column in iTunes and click on transfer purchases. Now right click again and click on backup. Go over to the top blade for summary and click on restore. Will will download the latest firmware for your iPad and restore to factory settings. Once it is restored you can then restore your iPad from your backup. If the camera is still not working then you can rule out a software problem,

kulit_12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Go to apple service center because they are the one who can help you and can fix your device........

Most reactions

Latest posts