What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is Apple stock set to go to $350 by years end?

JohnnyApple

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
marketwatch-apple-shares.jpg

I've been watching the Apple stock price for quite a while now and it sure has been a fun ride. From $7 per share just 8 years ago to a peak of just shy under $280 earlier this year.

Does that mean we can expect $280 to be the peak? Well, that's where we want to hear your opinions. A columnist on MarketWatch.com just set the price target before years end to $350/share and I must admit that I think it's possible.

Between the recent release of some really awesome ipod updates, the new Apple TV and potential Verizon iPhone's hitting the streets... I think it's in fact somewhat likely.

What are your thoughts? Do you think these will be successes or just more of the same?

Source: Why Apple’s headed to $350 by year end - The Cody Word - MarketWatch

*Note: I own Apple stock

BBAinsworth

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not much can stop the growth of AAPL I believe

The company just does everything right. It increases in value at the fastest rate of any US company.
I held off for the stock to drop a year ago when it was 170.00. Couldn't wait any longer and got in at 210.00. Am selling off some other stocks, enough to go with another 100 shares.
350.00 by the end of the year maybe, but 350.00 it will get to. Don't plan to be left behind again. Am I crazy?

Gabi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hmm, maybe it will get there, but maybe it won't ... the stock market.

Ascendo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That would be nice. Not much to slow it down right now. I read recently that it is in a no-resistance zone, chartists talk when a stock breaks out of recognizable pattern. I'm in...

Marc

Last edited by a moderator:

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Went above $300 today. I'm not invested in Apple, but I am heavily invested and very active in the stock market so I pay attention to a few different markets. I'm glad to see Apple doing so well. Even with all the negative press around the iPad, it seems Apple is still doing very very well.

BBAinsworth

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple copies

If you count all the other makers that are after a piece of the pad business, there are 11 or more, and they may help Apple in the itune and App area. Several Ipad aps will be down loaded to other makers units. About 93% of the iTunes memberships do not own an iPad yet. Will they ride on the Apple wagon when they purchase a TAB. My bet is that 50% may, given that Apple will keep improving their product to stay ahead of all the others. I see nothing out there that will slow them down. 325.00 by end of 2010, 350.00 by June 2011, and 400.00 by the end of 2011. That is not impossible, as it is the same growth as this year!
Had you purchased 100 shares 6 weeks ago, it is now up 3,000.00

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple released figures say that iPad sales are down slightly from last quarter, but iPhone 4 sales are significantly better than expected. Shares are down 5% for now, but I think they will pop again tomorrow throughout the market day.

Most reactions