What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad 3 battery drain to fast

zahi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello I have an iPad 3 and I have a problem the screen brightness to 40 percent and wireless internet worked every six minutes it takes 1 percentage of my battery is it normal to ipad 3 and when it is in standbay over Night it takes 3 percent

Redhotpoker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
zahi said:
Hello I have an iPad 3 and I have a problem the screen brightness to 40 percent and wireless internet worked every six minutes it takes 1 percentage of my battery is it normal to ipad 3 and when it is in standbay over Night it takes 3 percent

Hi zahi,
Welcome to the iPad Forum.
If you download the free Battery Doctor HD app (Beijing Kingsoft Internet Sercurity software Co. LTD) one, help is already on the way.
It will show you where your battery resources are being used most.
Plus you soon learn, that when the meter at the top right corner of the iPad tells you that you are fully charged, there is actually still a good hour and a half of recharging left, before it to be fully charged indeed.

I have the same concern as you, as my battery is drained in very short order as well. Constantly recharging it
But I leave my ipad 3 screen on full brightness, speaker volume on high, unless wearing my headphones.
I did turn off the Push function, and Fetch too, so my email isn't being checked and downloaded every so often.
Just set this to Manually.

Yes there are several easy ways to extend your shortened battery life per charge.
This topic has been discussed quite a lot already, so I'm guessing many folks have these same concerns.
After all, the more times you recharge the battery, it takes a little of it's long term life span to a shorter demise...

Chas

Most reactions

Latest posts