What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Battery drain faster after 5.1.1 jailbreak

Status
Not open for further replies.

jskhew

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had met a problem,as the title already said.Yesterday I charged my iPad whole afternoon,at night when I want to use it,it show me low battery(battery of red colour) ,then I had no choice so I had to charge again.Today morning it looks charging normal as before,but..the battery was drain very fast.96% battery drains to 60+% from about 8am to 12pm in standby mode.
That's all I describe my situation.Hope anyone experienced same situation with me and give me some useful solution to fix this problems.I'll appreciate it,and sorry for my bad grammar.:eek:

*P.s : I'm using New iPad

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The jailbreak itself will not cause any significant battery drain at all.

You need to tell us what you have installed via Cydia in order to take a stab at what the problem might be. Most likely you have installed something which is either not compatible with the iPad (designed for an iPhone) or not compatible with 5.1.1.

The more details you can provide, the better, including versions, repositories used, etc.

OP
J

jskhew

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok,I will try to explain more detail so let others people can understand my situation.
I only download 3 things through cydia,that's Swipeselection,iFile and [a piracy app].When the swipeselection was installed,it called me to restart spring board,so I just did it by pressing the button,and so my iPad goes black and a refresh icon keep turning at the center.It turning around about 10minutes I think,I feel weird so I search on google.They told me the solution by holding the power button and home button until the screen goes black and released both at the same time,I followed it.At last,my iPad turn on as normal.
After that,my iPad was low in battery,so I charged it until night as I was said at the first post,when I want to use it ,the iPad was automatic automatically turned off,so I hold power button to turn it on but it show me red battery and I'm sure I already charged it.
So I had no choice,I charged it again from the night to next morning.Then I used it,the battery was draining faster than normal,so I was looking for the solutions at here.Hope will get different solutions so I can try them all.
I think I already explained until very details and didn't missed out anythings.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sigh. When will people ever learn?!

The reason why your iPad drains its battery faster than you'd expect is probably due to that piracy-enabling tweak you have loaded. Remove the ability for you to steal apps and I can almost guarantee your iPad will be fine. At the moment, you've got rogue, unsanctioned and probably spy-like software running on that iPad. Who knows what it's doing to your iPad...or your battery!

This forum does not condone piracy nor do we help, aid or support those that commit piracy (AKA steal, commit theft, are thieves, etc). Not only is piracy against our rules - it's illegal. Don't be a pirate!

Given that, the only help you'll receive here is a suggestion to remove that theft-enabling, app-stealing tweak from your iPad and go buy your apps as honest folk do.

You'll get no other assistance here and this thread is closed.

Marilyn
Moderator, iPadForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts