What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 3 and sun light

tekki

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an iPad 3 with a survivor case but it seems I have to crank brightness all the way up to even barely see the screen when I'm outside in sunlight. Does anyone else have this problem outside?

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes, everyone who owns an iPad or similiar device with the same screen tech, has this problem. You are not alone.

Stefx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yep, it's an inherent property. Glossy screens offer more vibrant colors but are highly reflective.

zphone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try it with polarized sunglasses. Or a pair of movie theater 3D glasses.

biobunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apparently the iPad screen turns black when held in portrait with polarized sunglasses. I remember seeing a video.

Sent from K48

zphone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
biobunny said:
Apparently the iPad screen turns black when held in portrait with polarized sunglasses. I remember seeing a video.

Sent from K48

Depends on the polarity of the sunglasses but i've tried it and it's not true for my glasses.

drathbun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Be careful of direct sun on the unit. I had my iPad1 outside last summer while I was sitting in the shade. I put it down on a side table in the shade and didn't notice when the sun swung around and the unit got super hot. I could barely hold it. When I tried to turn it on, it gave an overheated error. I did a google search on my computer and one suggestion was to cool the unit by putting it the refrigerator for a few minutes. I did that, did a full reboot and the unit worked fine. But it scared the dickens outta me!

Sent from my iPad3 using iPF

Wolfpuppies3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's normal for an iPad in direct sunlight, hard to read your book. Don't ask someone using a kindle next to you to see his/hers. The Kindle is much easier to read.

Most reactions

Latest posts