What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad 2 won't connect to wireless network after iOS5 ugrade

roguenano

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad won't connect to wireless since the iOS5 upgrade. I have tried selecting 'forget this network' and doing a reset. Have also tried 'Reset Network Settings' . Even after a full restart, no luck. Any thoughts?

psmoore

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am getting the same problem. There is no problem with the network. Other people can connect with ipads, ipods, etc. I can connect with my laptop but not my iPad. Very frustrating. I want to go back to the update before IOS5

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Turn off your wi-fi router for at least two minutes. Reset the Network Settings while it is off. When the router is fully online again select and sign back on to your network.

Even though the network is working for other devices, the router's software and filters can decide it doesn't like the iPad, and refuse to assign it an iP address. This usually fixes it.

It won't hurt to check with the router's manufacturer's site and see if there are any firmware updates for it.

nualaj2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Very Similar Problem... we have an ipad 2, 3 iphones and a touch connected to our network without any problem... bought a new ipad 2 yesterday and no matter what we try it will not connect to the network.. have reset the router reset the network settings, reset the settings with the router turned off, changed the password and nothing works. when we enter the password (it can see the network) we just get a spinning connective circle and that is it, goes no further. saying that it also wont connect to the BTFON network that is available.... what do i do????

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It might be that your home network has a limit to the number of IP addresses it can handle. That is true of some ISP provided hardware. If you have your own wi-fi router that is unlikely. Default setups usually include an address space in the hundreds.

Or you iPad could just be bad. Try checking it out with another known good network (I'm not sure if the BTFON qualifies, since I've never heard of it).

The good news is that since it's new, you should still be within 90 days of free tech support Apple provides; so you can give them a call and see what they say.

Most reactions

Latest posts