What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 WiFi/Bluetooth problems

cindyboswell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am so lost. I got my husband an iPad 2 as a gift. It has been working fine. Today he comes home and notices that its not picking up our wireless internet. The other computers and my iPad are working fine. I tried to change the settings. I tried turning the unit off for a bit then turning it back on. When I turned it on, the wifi under the settings is now gray and I cant switch it on or off. IT WILL NOT COME ON. I also cant get the bluetooth to come on. I figured the problems went hand and hand. I have reset it twice and its still not working. I even set it up as a new iPad and didnt sync anything from itunes. I would really really like to fix this problem if anyone can help!! Thanks!!

therealriley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had a similar hardware issue on my old iPhone that lost all the device IDs and mac addresses, basebands etc and basically it bricked it and would not restore at all, I would contact apple and hopefully it is still under warranty.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
An off the wall and probably useless thought; but is Airplane mode on by chance? This disables all the wireless radios in the iPad.

But really, it does sound like a hardware failure. You should contact Apple. If the iPad is less than a year old it will still be covered by the hardware warranty.

Most reactions

Latest posts