What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2: Stuck on 4.3.3 cannot upgrade

santic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all, im new at this forum and i have found some really cool posts that helped me to understand more things about my Ipad 2.

I got here because a have a JB Ipad 2 iOS 4.3.3 (according to Cydia and iTunes) and tried to upgrade to iOS6 but it just keeps getting stuck with many errors. I believe its has something to do with blobs (as i've been reading). I've used TinyUmbrella to try to save my SHSH and it shows 4 of them: 4.3.5; 5.1.1 ; 6.0.1 and 6.1.3:

tinyumbrella.jpg

I've tried to restore from iTunes but there was an error.

Is there a way that i would be able to upgrade or im just stuck at 4.3.3 forever? :(

I really dont care about the JB right now, i just want a new fresh start for my Ipad :p

OP
S

santic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for your help, I tried the tutorial and i got to step 6. But iTunes displays a message saying it can't contact iPhone's software update servers. Any clues or something that i must have done wrong?

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
That issue would be solved with the host method mentioned in the guide. Make sure that iTunes is closed out, that you remove the gs.apple.com lines from your Hosts file, and that you delete the hosts.umbrella file as well in the same directory as your Hosts file. And since you're on Windows, open up CMD, and type in "ipconfig /flushdns" to clear your DNS, then retry

Most reactions