What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 Smart Cover Review And Overview

jasmynsway

iPF Novice
Reaction score
smitty said:
I'm looking for something that will hold my iPad 2 with smart cover, charger and cable, not add too much bulk, protect it and look good. Is that too much to ask?

Timbuk2.com has some great sleeves, small messenger bags, envelopes, and totes.

DVHarris

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AJsAWiz said:
Nah, not at all. However I'd suggest using a sleeve with your iPad2 before putting it in a case or bag that you carry other items.
I use a leather purse (same dimensions as iPad), that has inside and outside pockets as well as sections. Even though it sounds bulky, it's not.
It's like an ultra slim, petite saddle/side bag. Anyway, if you are a female, you might want to search in the handbag section of department stores or a specialty shop.

There is a product that sounds exactly like what you are looking for. The STM Org Board is a sleeve that your iPad slides into quite easily. On the back of it, there is a elastic strap that will hold your power cord, headphones, a couple of pens, and your phone. I got mine as a freebee from eBags when I ordered the STM Scout.

M.afaqanjum228

iPF Noob
Reaction score
These are either made out of Polyurethane or Leather, but you're going to have to dish out a bit more cash for the leather. The outside of the cover is smooth and feels nice while the inside is like a microfiber cloth. With this you can clean your iPad 2 screen if you ever get any fingerprints on in, we know you will. but I wonder about the long term effects.

Anyone else seeing this?

solarrdadd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
These are either made out of Polyurethane or Leather, but you're going to have to dish out a bit more cash for the leather. The outside of the cover is smooth and feels nice while the inside is like a microfiber cloth. With this you can clean your iPad 2 screen if you ever get any fingerprints on in, we know you will. but I wonder about the long term effects.

Anyone else seeing this?

what effects are you talking about?

solarrdadd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i got my cover and love it. aside from the "cool" factor and it really is cool too i like the fact that it keeps my hands from and other things from touching the screen when they shouldn't. it makes me feel a bit easier when carring it around with that cover on it. i also found someone at home set some things on it when i wasn't around and again, i was glad that the screen cover was in place. of course the fact that it acts as a small inclined desktop and a stand for watching movies and such is where the reall cool factor comes it. Oh yeah, everyone just loves to see that cover attach to the unit. chicks get a thrill outta if and i'm all for giving a thrill....

plymouthred

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Vibrant & Strange?

Went into the Apple Shop (Franchise) here in Plymouth (UK) today to have a look at the Smart Covers and was interested in seeing one in action.

Imagine my surprise when the guy said "Unfortunately we haven't got one to demonstrate because we are waiting for Apple to give us approval to open one"...............No it isn't April Fools Day :D

Also is it just me but are the covers less vibrant in colour than shown in glossy magazines and on t'internet? :confused:

AJsAWiz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Went into the Apple Shop (Franchise) here in Plymouth (UK) today to have a look at the Smart Covers and was interested in seeing one in action.

Imagine my surprise when the guy said "Unfortunately we haven't got one to demonstrate because we are waiting for Apple to give us approval to open one"...............No it isn't April Fools Day :D

Also is it just me but are the covers less vibrant in colour than shown in glossy magazines and on t'internet? :confused:

That was odd that they couldn't open a cover to show you. I thought the colors looked the same as that did in ads.

joey301

iPF Noob
Reaction score
smart cover lines

I'm noticing 3 faint horizontal stripes across the face of the display apparently from the hinge lines of the smart cover. They do seem to wipe off, but I wonder about the long term effects.

Anyone else seeing this?

Is a microfiber cloth the best way to clean the screen?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Yes, I have these too. So far, they wipe off.

gmaines

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the black leather smart cover..Love it, use a microfiber cloth to keep tune glass sparkling clean. Have a silicon shell for the back...works great.

ScottZeagle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am currently on my second cover. Apparently, when I was trying to put my iPad2 away at the end of a flight, the magnetic cover popped off without me noticing. This time, I saved the money and went with the non-leather version. :eek:

AppleNut

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would have taken it back to Apple. They surely would have replaced it for you!

fla_spearo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I skipped on the smart covers and just went to a leather case that could cover the complete ipad2. So I have protection from scratches on the backside too.

Cwbash

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the new smart cover and like it, ... But, ... I need to remove it when downloading Nook books. Funny, NOT!

Rassie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I love my smart cover, but worry about the back cover. Are the decorative skins easy that I have seen online easy to apply and reliable? Do they work with the smart cover.

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Rassie said:
I love my smart cover, but worry about the back cover. Are the decorative skins easy that I have seen online easy to apply and reliable? Do they work with the smart cover.

I use a customized skin from Zaggskin, and it went on perfectly on the first attempt (although I do have some experience with installing skins and screen protectors.)

Most reactions

Latest posts