What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 Rumours of SD Card Slot Are Wide of the Mark

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
SD_Card.JPG

AppleInsider reports today that the recent rumours about the iPad 2 having an SD Card slot, mainly fuelled by the case protypes that have been pictured all over the Internet, are highly likely to be inaccurate, and it is probably extremely unlikely that the next iPad will have an SD Card slot. AppleInsider says that according to their source, who they deem extremely trust-worthy on such matters, the gap in the iPad 2 case mock-ups that some have said could be for an SD Card slot, is more likely to be simply a relocation of the iPad’s SIM card slot. In turn, AppleInsider says that the relocation of the SIM Card could possibly indicate that the iPad 2 will have a smaller logic board, and possibly better battery life or even a bigger battery.

AppleInsider also asked Luke Soules, co-founder and tear-down expert at iFixit what he thought of the SD Card slot rumours, to which he replied, “I don’t see it happening.â€

Source: AppleInsider | Source: SD Card slot on Apple's next-gen iPad just a rumor

Munky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, answer me this then....what would be the point in making a cutout on a case for the sim card slot when no cases for the current iPad have one?

Jess russell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
freebirdforever said:
I do have to say I am disappointed that it seems there will be no SD card slot. But what can you really expect from apple?

I use the accessory from apple store for cd card..works just fine.

Jess russell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
freebirdforever said:
Yeah, but that only works for photos, doesnt it? I would want to store videos.

Right only photos.. I should have read your post better

Most reactions

Latest posts