What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad 2 or wait for 3?

talktofrank

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hello everyone

new to the forum *waves*

what do you think i should do?

Wait for the ipad 3

or

Get the ipad 2

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
Wait. But then no, you'll be missing out on the ipad4. But then no, wait until then and you'll miss out on the excellent iPad5, oh no, do that and you'll miss the ipad6......

The iPad 3 is only the next release from ipad2. So why wait for that? See where this thread is going?

My attitude has always been this - buy what you want now, else you'll either always be waiting or always be disappointed. You show me an ipad1 owner who's pissed with his purchase.

You're obviously not that bothered. It doesn't matter. Have more backbone and conviction.
Sorry to sound harsh, but threads like this where the user can't make up his mind on the here and now or the distant future makes me chuckle some what. It's not like the ipad3 is imminent.

Last edited:
OP
T

talktofrank

iPF Noob
Reaction score
well the reason i ask is because ipad1 > 2 wasnt too much of a change tbh

BUT

ipad3 is supposedly getting a HD Retina Display, which will be a massive jump in terms of quality

maybe ill wait just a little bit longer and see if some ipad3 specs come out or something

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
The difference in ipad1 to ipad2 was considerable. As relevant as the difference between retina and non retina.

Unless you're going to be doing zooming and close up work you won't really see/appreciate this massive quality difference as you put it. It's a relative thing as well.

And they won't prerelease specs.

Stefx

iPF Noob
Reaction score

BUT

ipad3 is supposedly getting a HD Retina Display, which will be a massive jump in terms of quality

maybe ill wait just a little bit longer and see if some ipad3 specs come out or something

Yeah but the iPad 4 will have the Super-Retina display, so wait for the 4th.
Then again, the iPad 5 is rumored to get the 3D Mega-Retina display, so wait for the fifth.

OP
T

talktofrank

iPF Noob
Reaction score

BUT

Yeah but the iPad 4 will have the Super-Retina display, so wait for the 4th.
Then again, the iPad 5 is rumored to get the 3D Mega-Retina display, so wait for the fifth.

lol i see your point, its so annoying, why cant they just bring out one amazing product and be done with it

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
so you wanna wait on an iPad 3.....i am waiting for an iPad 3 too, but i got iPad 2 and iPad 1 keeping me company.

jduncan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
talktofrank said:
hello everyone

new to the forum *waves*

what do you think i should do?

Wait for the ipad 3

or

Get the ipad 2

Like I told the other member, get the 2 now and sell it when the other comes out. You just may decide it's just great enough and decide to keep it. I would look for one on craigslist instead of buying new. That way you won't take a big lose if you do decide to sell it.

denodan

iPF Noob
Reaction score

BUT

The Retina screen is well over hyped, while it is clearer it's not a massive jump.

had the ipod touch 2nd gen, got the 3rd gen, so while the retina screen is slightly clearer, it's not by a massive amount, not worth holding out for the retina screen, and the ipad 4 could well be 3D, much better again.

jduncan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A retina screen will be much more noticeable on the iPad though because of the larger size. Don't sweat it, get one of craigslist and enjoy it until the threes are readily available. Otherwise you may wait forever to get one when they launch anyway.

OP
T

talktofrank

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i guess i could sell an ipad2 when the 3 comes out, it will probably sell out pretty quickly so i may even be able to get quite a bit of money back from it on ebay or something

tuffigirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry but I hate questions like this... I got the chance on Craigslist to get mine and jumped on it! And I was fully well aware that he had left it at 4.3 and I missed my chance (for now) at a jailbreak. I could care less about getting the iPad 3... I'm happy with what I've got. :) Can't customize it like I want to yet but I always pay for my apps anyway so I just need the jailbreak to make it look prettier. lol

Most reactions

Latest posts