What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should I wait for iPad 3?

shAdOwXPR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
At&t will transfer my unlimited plan to the iPad 2, BUT with the iPad 2 cameras not being as good as iPhone 4 (which is a decent camera) and the new PSP2 (will be release on DEC. 2011) having the same cortex 9 CPU/GPU as iPad 2 but in quad core form. Won't iPad 3 have real cameras with a better resolution screen and quad core GPU/CPU be the real leap from iPad 1 than iPad 2? Should I wait for iPad 3 with real hardware improvement or does the iPad 2 cameras and thickness Really make that big of a difference?

Also to transfer the unlimited plan to iPad 2 I need to have both iPads which docent allow to used the money from selling iPad 1 on the iPad 2 purchase... 

jhood2323

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sell the ipad the same day you plan to buy the ipad 2 but im sure at&t will put some kind of hold your account to make the switch as you have all ready paid your 15 -25 bucks already for the month

jrp95

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.freethegadget.com
Look dude

At&t will transfer my unlimited plan to the iPad 2, BUT with the iPad 2 cameras not being as good as iPhone 4 (which is a decent camera) and the new PSP2 (will be release on DEC. 2011) having the same cortex 9 CPU/GPU as iPad 2 but in quad core form. Won't iPad 3 have real cameras with a better resolution screen and quad core GPU/CPU be the real leap from iPad 1 than iPad 2? Should I wait for iPad 3 with real hardware improvement or does the iPad 2 cameras and thickness Really make that big of a difference?

Also to transfer the unlimited plan to iPad 2 I need to have both iPads which docent allow to used the money from selling iPad 1 on the iPad 2 purchase... 

Ok, the way I see it apple could release their new iPad 3 this September in time for the holiday season. But, apple would not burn their iPad 2 buyers like that. You see, the iPad 3 will most likely have a better resolution, same design and a new software update. The software will go to every ipad so that dosn't matter. The cameras are staying, the screen will stay the same size just a bit clearer. I would also not be suprised if apple waits a whole year and a half before releasing an iPad 3 (September 2012). Because by this time the market will be flooded with android tab's and no one will have heard from apple in a while about a new tablet. Then BAM a new iPad 3 that owns all the other competitors. I am buying the iPad 2. It will be my first tablet and even if their is an iPad 3 I wouldn't want it. I do not desire a "perfect" screen. Besides they would have to raise the price or cut back in other important areas of the iPad.
Just some thoughts.:ipad-back:

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wonder why the other ipad3 thread was closed :-/. Just because people predicting release date of it? Doesnt make sense. Ipad2 will be here march 11th which is basically here already. You know how things get hyped up. Whats wrong with talking bout ipad3 n thoe possible new features n rpossible release date(mod who closed that thread ;-) )?

dmaul1114

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just a matter of whether the iPad 2 is missing things you want.

I would have bought an iPad 1 if it had a camera. My tablet needs are simple. Web surfing, e-mail, video calls, reading PDFs (with highlight and note taking ability), reading newspapers and magazines, streaming video, simple games etc.

So the iPad 2 pretty much fits all my needs so I'm buying one. I don't need more power/RAM or better cameras or a retina display etc. to do all those things. So I can buy an iPad 2 and feel confident that I won't want to upgrade for 2 or 3 years at the soonest given my basic uses.

But if it's missing something you really want, then maybe wait and see if iPad 3 (or some Android or other OS tablet) fits your needs better.

It sounds like you already have an iPad 1, in which case I'd say only upgrade if you want the cameras bad enough, or if you want to run iMovies and any future apps that may require the extra power.

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I will hold out as long as i can on ipad2. But if i start reading ipad1 owners who upgrade say its well worth it, i might fold. I have $$$ to buy ipad2 but being a father of a new 6 month old daughter, i have to take care of priorities 1st. N foremost.
Im still finding new uses for my 1st. Generation ipad. The best tech purchase ever made. So glad i got it as a late bday gift back n july...hmmm...since it was a gift, i could buy ipad2 n officially be my 1st ipad purchase. Giv the on i have now to my woman. But she like f$&@ dat, i want ipad 2 also..lmao figures..lol she aint even master this one yet ;-) i have!

mugsydean

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I want an iPad2

:)This might help you to decide. Funny.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDWOakP2SCk[/ame]

jhood2323

iPF Noob
Reaction score
THIS ANSWER QUESTIONS ABOUT GARAGEBAND AND IMOVIE [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0CQOGczEZM[/ame]

OP
S

shAdOwXPR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The thing I really like on the iPad 2 is the new dual core CPU/GPU. The camaras are not as good as the iPhone 4 and I like that Is smaller and lighter but not enough for a upgrade. Now since the PSP 2 has the same cortex A9 family CPU/GPU as the iPad 2 in quad core coming out dec. 2011 its obvious the iPad 3 will use the same one and it will obviously finally get really good cameras plus maybe not thinner but it will lighter.

I am really having a hard time deciding if the dual core CPU on iPad it's enough for the upgrade. Having the same resolution screen means at least for this next year all the soft wear will still work on iPad 1 and if iPad 3 gets the retina display that means the apps for iPad 3 won't work on iPad 1/2 because of the resolution, that makes you think to that iPad 1/2 have more in common that what the iPad 3 will have...

Chriztofor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you already have an Ipad then you should wait for the Ipad 3 which should be about next March. For those who have not purchased an Ipad then this is the time to get one.

OP
S

shAdOwXPR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Reviews are up and the cameras are crap, again for a iPad 1 owner the true update is the processor I think I might jump this upgrade...

josun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
[Rant] I really don't understand why people make such a big deal out of iPad's cameras. Seriously, who's gonna hold a clip board size device and take serious pictures. That sounds to me like, someone complaining about Ferrari not being able to drive off road. The only real purpose of it is the video chatting and facetime which the onboard camera is totally adequate. Sure, it will be nice to have a little bit higher resolution but it's nothing to complain about and certainly not a deal breaker. [/Rant]

Having said that, you should really get past the "future specs" and make your decision on what's best now. As you know, technologies come and go, and, no matter when you buy any technology, there'll always be a better one next month. If you get caught up in the waiting game, you'll realize that there's never a best time to buy. Instead of waiting in aggravation, why not just get one now and be happy with the fact that you have the best tablet in the market?

madhatter61

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I am so amazed at how many think they know what iPAD3 is going to be ... That will be at least a year from now. iPAD2 goes on sale tomorrow. It is revolutionary. It is what do you need to experience, not a bunch of specs. iPAD2 is going to be a delight to use. If you want to wait for an unknown ... you finish the sentence.

Chriztofor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
By the way, waiting for the Ipad 3 everyone is assuming something, that the price won't change. What would happen if they put in better cameras and a better display and then charged $1000? Some of the same people will THEN buy the Ipad 2 complaining that the ipad 3 costs to much. They would have wasted all this time waiting for something and then ultimately not getting it.

Most reactions

Latest posts