What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 old tech?

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was thinking about selling my iPad 2 to buy the iPad 3 but I'm guessing the iPad 3 is gonna take a hell of a long time to JB, I went from a Jailbroken iPad with sbsettings, ifile to a brand new iPad 2 and it was hell, so for that reason I'm out (as the dragons would say)

But saying that I will probably fall in love with the retina screen! But I must resist!

tazz3

iPF Novice
Reaction score
well the new price for the ipad 2 is now 399 i have some to think which one i will get

Silence

iPF Noob
Reaction score
well the new price for the ipad 2 is now 399 i have some to think which one i will get

The new one. The ipad 2 is still fantastic, but the new screen and camera are worth the extra $100.

seneca18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just finished placing my order for the 3 but the iPad 2 is still king of all tablets right now. Even with competitors releasing quad core and super amoled screens(or whatever they call it) the iPad 2 is still more efficient at completing basic tasks that you would use a tablet for....the iPad 3 is just icing on the cake...

DNC1968

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tlbaker said:
Same here; however, I'd this is your first iPad, you weren't able to wait for 3 which is coming out very soon? I would have waited.

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 With IOS 5.01 Update From NYC using iPF

I considered it, but wasn't that bothered. My old Android had died and I needed a replacement ASAP. I'm more than happy with what I've got, even if the new ones better! I got a really good deal, so probably wouldn't have got as good spec' ( probably 32gb but WiFi only ) on a new one anyway! :)

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
DNC1968 said:
I considered it, but wasn't that bothered. My old Android had died and I needed a replacement ASAP. I'm more than happy with what I've got, even if the new ones better! I got a really good deal, so probably wouldn't have got as good spec' ( probably 32gb but WiFi only ) on a new one anyway! :)

OK, good deal works!! Makes sense.

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 With IOS 5.1Update From NYC!!! using iPF

twinkie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
doc.zed said:
I bought my girlfriend a iPad 2 for Christmas this year anyone else feel like they wasted their money, for something new to come out 3 months later?

Yes

DNC1968

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tlbaker said:
OK, good deal works!! Makes sense.

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 With IOS 5.1Update From NYC!!! using iPF

I considered waiting, but I bought it whilst away in Mexico. It worked out being £120 cheaper than at home! :)

zorah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just weighed in on this on another thread. I have to laugh. I got my iPad 1 5 months before the 2 was released, and I was well aware the 2 was on its way. I just got the 2 literally 2 weeks ago as a present and I could have returned it to wait for the 3, as I knew the 3 would likely be out by April, but nope, I am delighted with my brand new 2, and for that matter, I still use my 1! Every single year these tablets are going to be updgraded, and especially if it's Christmas time and the like, it's ludicrous to not get something because "the next updgrade" is due in a few months. I mean, as soon as the 3 hits the streets, is there some magic button that suddenly renders all the 2's and for that matter 1's completely obsolete?? Quite obviously not! And again, I could have EASILY been getting a 3 and made the choice not to keep my brand new 2.

timtruro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you keep waiting for the latest "thing", you will never buy. I got my iPad 2 last Sept. no regrets and I won't be running out to buy a "new iPad . Bit I will be considering the next iteration.

Sun King

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought my iPad 2 only a month ago ,instead of waiting for the ipad 3 launch ,for an unusual reason.

As a Brit living in Cyprus I watch uk tv via sky satellite service .unfortunatly a new satellite has been launched and we can no longer receive the basic uk channels.

So the iPad and apple tv with the filmon app let me get my daily soaps.:D

Last edited:

zorah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
LOL, but good reason! and as timtruro said above, waiting around for the next thing leaves one with sitting around forever and not getting anything, but it's people's choice to wait. The very nice 2's have dropped in price, brand spanking new, well equipped awesome devices. The latest price drop is 50 less than just two weeks ago after the initial price drop when I know mine was bought. But for anyone who now wants an iPad for the first time-yeah sure, wait for the 3, but it sure took a long time for the stores to have regular stock of the 2, so it still may be weeks of waiting. I think many will avail of the 2's price drop, and just as many will opt for the 3, but the 2 and 1 are far from old tech.

Most reactions

Latest posts