What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 old tech?

doc.zed

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought my girlfriend a iPad 2 for Christmas this year anyone else feel like they wasted their money, for something new to come out 3 months later?

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
Realistically you knew going in a new one was coming out in a few months at the time of purchase, no? And its not old tech... Apple will continue to provide support for the ipad 2.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

OP
D

doc.zed

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I guess I should have done more research, for the money I would have bought MacBook air.

Last edited:

Husq250

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Depending on which iPad you bought her, you couldn't even come close to getting a Macbook Air for the price. Interesting you post this, I've had an iPad 1 for quite a while and just upgraded to the iPad 2 the same day of your post. I think its an excellent updated upgrade that will last me for years. Im not worried about the iPad 3 coming out soon because I don't think the differences will be that drastic to make me regret it. In fact, I think its the best time to get an new iPad or iPhone just before, at or after the release of a new model because the prices are much better.

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
Old tech? Lol, the ipad2 is certainly not 'old tech'. Ok, the ipad3 is more up to date, but no, a bit of research was needed.

Personally, the new expected changes to the ipad3 aren't enough to make me want one over my ipad2. Also, talking about 'tech', I'd still much much much prefer an ipad1 over any of it's competition.

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't feel it's old tech. I bought my iPad 2 on launch day and still very happy with it and have no desire to upgrade. The only big rumors I've heard are increased resolution and improved processor. I can read magazines and other text just fine on my ipad and movies are great. I don't play a lot of games so the A5 is able to keep up just fine for what I use it for. I usually skip every other generation with their devices as the improvements tend to me minimal. Started with the iPhone 3G, then got the iPhone 4, I plan on getting the iPhone 5 (or whatever it's called) and the iPad 2 is my first iPad.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Wookiee2cu said:
I don't feel it's old tech. I bought my iPad 2 on launch day and still very happy with it and have no desire to upgrade. The only big rumors I've heard are increased resolution and improved processor. I can read magazines and other text just fine on my ipad and movies are great. I don't play a lot of games so the A5 is able to keep up just fine for what I use it for. I usually skip every other generation with their devices as the improvements tend to me minimal. Started with the iPhone 3G, then got the iPhone 4, I plan on getting the iPhone 5 (or whatever it's called) and the iPad 2 is my first iPad.

They are always going to beef up the so called improvements to get you to buy it.

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 With IOS 5.01 Update From NYC using iPF

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You only have to look at the mess RIM is in to see what happens when tech companies try to rest on their laurels.

It's always been the same in computers and electronics. You run flat out or you become yesterday's news.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ipad2 isnt old tech as others have said,i wont be buying 3,im perfecty happy with 2,it does all i want.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
poisonivy said:
Ipad2 isnt old tech as others have said,i wont be buying 3,im perfecty happy with 2,it does all i want.

I'm with ya. Th upgrades that the iPad 3 are getting aren't compelling enough to upgrade. The iPad 2 is anything but dated tech. It's still slick as ever, IMO. I'm hanging tight with my iPad 2! :D

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
I'm with ya. Th upgrades that the iPad 3 are getting aren't compelling enough to upgrade. The iPad 2 is anything but dated tech. It's still slick as ever, IMO. I'm hanging tight with my iPad 2! :D

WWe don't even know what upgrades are coming for the ipad 3 yet! ;)

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
WWe don't even know what upgrades are coming for the ipad 3 yet! ;)

well whatever they are i will still be sticking to ipad2,maybe next year i,ll change.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
s2mikey said:

Yes!!

DNC1968

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I only got my iPad 2 just over two weeks ago and I'm very happy. TBH, I couldn't give a rat's ..., that the new ones about to come out! I'm still using my 2 year old iPhone 3GS as well, with no plans of changing before the iPhone 5 release!

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
DNC1968 said:
I only got my iPad 2 just over two weeks ago and I'm very happy. TBH, I couldn't give a rat's ..., that the new ones about to come out! I'm still using my 2 year old iPhone 3GS as well, with no plans of changing before the iPhone 5 release!

Same here; however, I'd this is your first iPad, you weren't able to wait for 3 which is coming out very soon? I would have waited.

Most reactions

Latest posts