What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 Notifications not Working!! Please Help :(

jayt101

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

This is going to be my very first post and I have a pretty big problem with my iPad 2. It seems that my push notifications don't work with apps such as IM+ and IMO. Skype seems to work perfectly but I prefer to use IMO for msn. The problem is I never receive any notifications until I open the app. I'm currently on iOS 5.01.

Here are the things that I've tried.
1) Reset network settings
2) Change DNS to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.8.4 (these solutions worked for about 5 minutes)
3) Restart iPad with new DNS setting
4) Ensured that all notifications are on with the 'push' slider turned on

I've had a android galaxy tablet 10.1 and I have never had any issues with getting notifications with that.

I should note however that I did find one way to solve my notifications problem. Turns out if I go into my router under firewall settings (I have a DLINK DIR-601), and I enable DMZ setting with my Ipad's ip address, notifications work 100%. BUT, I don't want to have to change router settings everywhere I go that has Wi-fi network. Is there a way to get notifications to work without having to constantly enable DMZ for every wifi network I come across? Is there a problem with my iPad? Should I return it? When I don't enable DMZ, notifications will work for literally 5 minutes before they stop working. I'm suspecting it may be an issue with my iPad? Please help! THANKS

OP
J

jayt101

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there no one out there that can relate to the issues I'm having with my iPad? :( Please help.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and Welcome to the Forum!

I can't help you with your issue but someone will be along who can, in the meantime:

The IPad Forum is a Community of members from all walks of life and from all over the world coming together to share our experiences and to help each other learn about this wonderful piece of technology the IPad.
There is a wealth of information already here in the many threads we have so doing some searches will answer most of the questions that you have. If then you can't find the answer you are seeking, then by all means post your question. You will find many friendly and informed members here only too willing to help you.

We also have our own App - Discussion Forum for IPad Users It is a very simple app to navigate.
Reading the iPad Manuals is a great place to start, so please download a copy of these http://www.support.apple.com/manuals/ipad/
A very informative thread from which you will learn many tips and shortcuts for the iPad
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/21590-tips-tricks-those-us-who-dont-know.html
We have rules like any Community so please read these also
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rul...um-rules-everybody-please-read.html#post14697

Once again we welcome you here and are so pleased you have joined us. Enjoy!!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Expidia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just Google your question. I find that faster than waiting for an answer here or they give you the canned "use our search" response.
Google "ipad no notifications" and it will probably turn up links where the question has been asked before. Usually it will link you to the Apple support community.

OP
J

jayt101

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have googled searched and couldnt find an answer. I guess I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced the same issues I have.

Most reactions

Latest posts