What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 not moving at Lantau Island

dmaul1114

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Could be going slower now I suppose, as shipping volume has increased or something I suppose.

sanantoniotx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It will be interesting to see if Fed Ex breaks the estimated delivery date or if ours are just being held out till the last possible minute.

xardoz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is driving me nuts, how many days is it just going to sit in F'in LANTAU ISLAND HK is been there 18th 19th 20th 21st......

TedraL00

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Finally got here!

After the extended stay seeing the sights apparently, mine went from HK, Alaska, Memphis and WA in 2 days. It actually got delivered a day earlier than expected. Hopefully this will be the case for you all.

Ryo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Doubt it. A strait flight takes at lease 14 hours from HK to LA. That will put it on the afternoon if 22nd. If it stops anywhere else, Japan, AK, etc, it will be in LA in the evening of 22nd at the earliest. Then it's gotta go by land to be delivered. Oh, and lets not forget the processing and scanning as well. Highly unlikely that it will make the estimated delivery date of 23rd for mine. But one can hope! :)

Last edited:

owblue

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well mine finally made it to Memphis this morning and made it to Indy at 530. I'm hoping it will say out for delivery today. It was not scheduled to be delivered until Thursday.

fisk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well now i'm jealous... :( I'm also in Indy and our delivery date is listed as Thursday, but it's still stuck on Alcatraz island. It's been there for three days. :(

I hope you get yours today however....

netsecpro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine has been chillin' in Lantau too!

It was originally picked up in Shenzhen on 3/20 and delivered to Lantau 3/21. Then it went back to Shenzhen and now sits in Lantau again. WTF???:mad:

WordSmith

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This being stuck on Lantau just doesn't seem right. Obviously the shipments aren't going on a first come, first served basis. No one said life was fair. :(. Waiting ...

Rlarson_mn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My unit just made it to Alaska! Estimated delivery on my order said 3/23 and it looks like that is when it will be delivered. Got into HK late Saturday and left there late last night. Looks like those first orders of 3-5 days shipping are going to hold up after all.

Last edited:

Rotorhead

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Out of Jail

My Ipad finally got out of 5 days in Jail in HK. It's finally in Anchorage AK. We shall see if it makes it for the 24th Delivery.

Jrobmcclure

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad spent 3 days on the island, with an estimated delivery of the 22nd, it made it to Alaska on Saturday and Memphis by Sunday, then it came a day early, got it yesterday the 21st!

WordSmith

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine is in Anchorage now too. They were traveling together with the other iPad 2 prisoners from Lantau. That's reassuring. Tomorrow's delivery is now closer to being reality.

mokjohn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Left Shutter(Lantau)Island Finally.

My Ipad 2 32g AT&T has been stuck in Lantau from the 18th to the 22nd.
Apparently it has now arrived in Anchorage AK at 6 am today.

Estimated Delivery is 3/24

I hope mine comes a day Early. how long do you think it will take to get to San Francisco?

A cruel joke since Cupertino is like 30 mins away. Damn it i knew i should have bugged Lorraine Jobs last time i saw her. Maybe she could have expedited one direct from Apple HQ.

Most reactions