What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 not connecting to WiFi properly.

pEAcEmAKeR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I recently updated to iOS 5.0.1 OTA. Since then, WiFi on my iPad doesn't even connect properly. It shows the signal bars on the Status Bar (all three bars full) but I can't access the internet at all. When I check the IP address, it shows random numbers, but I know that a normal working IP address is usually 192.168.1.x.

I've already tried a reboot, two restores. The next thing I did was unplug my router and modem, then replug them, but that isn't helping either. I have no idea what to do next. Can someone help me before I pay a couple bucks for Comcast to come over and "fix" it? Thanks guys.

Peacemaker.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One solution that has worked for some Members is to tell the iPad to 'Forget the connection'

So, 'Settings', 'WiFi' then press the blue arrow to the right of the WiFi connection. This takes you through to a more detailed settings screen. First of all, ensure that DHCP is checked and that the proxy connection is off. If either of those are not correct then see if that fixes the problem.

But assuming that's not the issue then - towards the top of the settings box there's a 'Forget this connection' box. Tell the iPad to forget the connection.

Now return to the 'Settings', 'WiFi' screen and wait for the iPad to 'find' your WiFi and re-enter any passwords and/or encryption details that it needs.

See if this fixes the problem but, if it doesn't, come back and we'll think of some more ideas.....

Good Luck

Tim

OP
pEAcEmAKeR

pEAcEmAKeR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Already tried it. :/
Never mind. It's time to call Comcast.

serbenoluap

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Experienced the same problem. Is there any way to revert back to the old OS? I tried doing what was shared but still, I could not connect to any WiFi network...

Reaction score
I am also having a problem connecting. I have an Ipad2 with 3GCellular Data and it's not connecting to anything! It just started this today so I'm not sure what the issue is. Please assist!

drb_52

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I had similar problems until I upgraded my router and assigned a static ip address.

Most reactions

Latest posts