What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 LCD

fbs0729

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey everybody I need some help. My lcd screen won't display anything, but everything else works fine, like the volume and power. When I turn it on I can hear the lock screen opening and the touch screen works to. When I tap my hands in the keyboard area (where the keyboard would be displayed on the screen) I hear the keyboard clicks. It's like everything works except the screen display. I could probably even use it without having to use the display if I memorized where all my apps were. Does anyone know how I can fix this? It's driving me crazy. I checked the logic board and everything is fine under there. Could it be a cut ribbon? Even though I'm positive I didn't mess anything up replacing the touch screen. Or do I need to buy a new lcd or lcd ribbon? :(

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi fbs0729, and welcome to the forum.
As you seem to be experiencing problems possibly as a result of replacing the touch screen, and your concern is with the internals of your iPad2, i have transferred this thread to the iPad DIY forum where you are more likely to receive assistance.

Most reactions