What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad 2 jailbreak

anonchi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ive read alot of threads about jailbreaking on this forum, so please dont ask me to use the search function. It seems that theres people on both sides of the argument over performance after jailbreaking. For those of you that have jailbroken iPads, have you noticed a decrease in performance, speed, battery life?

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lol@ when u said please don't ask me to use search function. For me there has been NO decrease in performance or speed. Only positives. Actually my iPad acts even faster now thn before. Especially with the fakeclockup app from Cydia. It speeds up the graphics dramatically all the way up to 10x if u wish. Everything opens up and moves a lot faster.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yep, gotta be honest here.

When I am not in an application, I don't get the fast rotate any longer. When I turn the iPad's orientation, it takes a number of seconds for the screen to rotate also.

I think it's because I've installed InfiniBoard, InfiniDock and EnhancedFolders. So, the iPad has to flip/re-load (re-draw?) all the icons in a configuration never designed by Apple, so it takes a bit longer. At least, that's my thought.

Does it bother me? Yeah, a bit, but the trade-off is 500X's worth it. So, I'll wait for the board to flip...

Now, inSIDE the applications, when I've got something running, or calling up the app (to make it start), there is zero hesitation. In fact, I'm with Demandarin up there in that I'm running FakeClockUp, which does speed up the graphics.

Since I am able to use gestures to switch apps, I can move between apps with ease. Plus, if I need to, with one virtual button push, I can remove all backgrounded apps and free up memory.

I can't comment on battery life because I plug it in nightly. But, I can use it all day without needing a charge - so I don't think battery life was affected.

Marilyn

P.S. If you don't use the search function and do research and due diligence, you're going to miss out on a lot of insight and good comments. It's how I got the nerve TO jailbreak. Basically, I wouldn't recommend relying solely on the inputs to one thread. I'm just sayin' ...

biobunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A decrease/increase in performance in the iPad all depend on the tweaks/apps you've installed from Cydia or any other Non AppStore app.

David79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No issues here with mine, I am waiting for untethered 4.3 but after 4.2 JB no issues have been found.

Most reactions

Latest posts