What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My iPad 2 after the jailbreak

saurik

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys, am a new member To the forum but am geek at jailbreak field , i own an iphone 3g and an ipad 2 :ipad-keyboard: :) the reason am posting is because after the jailbreak I have witnessed a decrease in my iPad's speed :) So i want someone to help through this one , what is the cause of this :) I compared my ipad 2 start up time to those of the folks on youtube ( non-jailbroken ) the ipad turned on in 17.8 sec while mine took 40 sec , another thing that after removing every app running in bkground my settings app takes 2 sec to show up other take 1 or so lol am not nagging but why that speed difference , i know jailbreak consumpes a lot of ram but thats a huge difference and moreover my ipad's touch screen in not repling well sometimes i have to press 2 times for it to reply btw I have a 64 GB ipad 2 ( wi-fi only )

I have : activator , action menu ( + pack ) , barrel , springtomize , stay opened , full charge , password pilot , cydia delete , remove bkground , and sbsettings
Btw anyone witnessed that after installing springtomize on the multitasking bar the ( -) sign changed to(x) when closing apps

Last edited by a moderator:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Have you tried to reboot the iPad? It solves a lot of the slow-down problems, as does clearing out all the apps in the multitask bar.

Unfortunately, the more tweaks and such you put on a jail broken iPad, the more it will slow down, especially if those tweaks use Mobile Substrate.

The change from (-) to (x) in Springtomize is a user-customizable function that you can change in the Springtomize settings.

Marilyn

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I have : activator , action menu ( + pack ) , barrel , springtomize , stay opened , full charge , password pilot , cydia delete , remove bkground , and sbsettings
Btw anyone witnessed that after installing springtomize on the multitasking bar the ( -) sign changed to(x) when closing apps

i would try to delete those, and see whats up.
but then i don't have springtomize on any of my devices(not sure why), but try that too....could always be replaced.

hey, check this one out though, might assist you...seems to work, try it before removing any tweak.

FakeClockUp - This tweak allows you to change the default animation speed of IOS graphics. Amazingly, when you increase the animation speed the whole iPad SEEMS to perform much faster. It's all an illusion, BUT IT WORKS! Try it out... You'll be amazed... For added fun, try slowing things down. Slow-motion IOS is very weird indeed! - you will need to add the moyashi repo to Cydia to find this tweak - http://hitoriblog.com/apt/

http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak-applications-tweaks/25824-ultimate-list-jailbreak-tweaks.html

OP
saurik

saurik

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
Have you tried to reboot the iPad? It solves a lot of the slow-down problems, as does clearing out all the apps in the multitask bar.

Unfortunately, the more tweaks and such you put on a jail broken iPad, the more it will slow down, especially if those tweaks use Mobile Substrate.

The change from (-) to (x) in Springtomize is a user-customizable function that you can change in the Springtomize settings.

Marilyn

I reboot my iPad almost every day , and I try to clear every app out there , my biggest problems is that I love those tweaks that use mobile substrate .
Still I can't get how to change (-) to (x) ....
Thanks for your replay ;)
I hope I can show you my abilities in some of the problem people have ;) to show that am not a noob but every one have a question ;)

OP
saurik

saurik

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Poser said:
i would try to delete those, and see whats up.
but then i don't have springtomize on any of my devices(not sure why), but try that too....could always be replaced.

hey, check this one out though, might assist you...seems to work, try it before removing any tweak.

FakeClockUp - This tweak allows you to change the default animation speed of IOS graphics. Amazingly, when you increase the animation speed the whole iPad SEEMS to perform much faster. It's all an illusion, BUT IT WORKS! Try it out... You'll be amazed... For added fun, try slowing things down. Slow-motion IOS is very weird indeed! - you will need to add the moyashi repo to Cydia to find this tweak - http://hitoriblog.com/apt/

http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak-applications-tweaks/25824-ultimate-list-jailbreak-tweaks.html

I'll try to delete those as well as springtomize , tho I'll miss the ( slide to unlock ) change ( I know I can ) change it from iFile but you know this is better :) and the fake carrier ( I think I'll use a stand alone app) (fake carrier )
For FakeClockUp I would not use as well as Speed Intesifier these 2 speeds up the animation as you mentioned but I want to speed up my loading thing , I have installed those on my iPhone but results were worse when loading .. I have checked the forum lately before , I think before I got my iPad 2 I have been taking a look useful posts here and that's the reason I joined . Moreover to help people in the problem too ;)
Thanks Poser , I'll go delete those tweaks

OP
saurik

saurik

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have deleted springtomize , barrel , action menu , stay opened and password piolit and now my iPad is back to it's blazing speed thanks guys ;)

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
now add back 1 by 1, and see which one slows you back down, just so you know, and can possibly share with others here.

OP
saurik

saurik

iPF Noob
Reaction score
@Poser can I know how much is it taking for your iPad 2 to start up settings app , mine took just 1.8 s :)

OP
saurik

saurik

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Poser said:
now add back 1 by 1, and see which one slows you back down, just so you know, and can possibly share with others here.

Springtomize and password pilot :S I removed these and from my deleted list I only installed action menu :/ barrel was good bas I think I don't worth it @ all thanks for your help .. Btw through time you"ll know me more ;) ohh I forgot am removing action menu too I think it's affecting my keyboards action haha don't think am stupid but seriously my keyboard types 2 letters @ time or some time it doesn't respond to my touchscreen when action menu is installed ;) am know your be surprised what would action menu have to do with the keyboard but yeah believe me I was really surprised by the result too ;) so all the above apps were the true murders ;)

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
@Poser can I know how much is it taking for your iPad 2 to start up settings app , mine took just 1.8 s :)

super instant here, as soon as i touch it, everything loaded too(iPad 2).

checked my iPad 1, and that is 1 second to load.

Last edited:
OP
saurik

saurik

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lol my friends unjailbroken iPads took 1.5 s make sure it was not opened in multitasking bar ;) and first you see 2 blank rows then words will show up try it maybe you didn't realize it and use your iPhone to calculate the time :) as I did :) am sure it takes time :)
PS one of my friends is running iOS 5 b7 ;) and it took 1 sec on his iPad trust me you must look carefully to realize it only those people who nags watch it just like me :)

Last edited:

Kungfu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an iPad 2 to but I have a lot of tweaks how can I know which on slows my iPad

Kungfu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is you iPhone 3G slow too because I have an iPhone 3G but it's too slow

Most reactions

Latest posts