What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 is disabled connect to itunes

Reaction score
Hi everyone - i'm new to site and just finding my feet with putting on threads. I have ipad 2, 32g. my kids were trying to crack my password code and they have locked up my screen.
the front screen reads "Ipad 2 is disabled connect to itunes", however, the whole screen is frozen. I have tried rebooting by holding down the on/off and home key for 10 seconds and then restarting but it comes up with the same thing. frozen screen reading "Ipad 2 is disabled connect to itunes". Can anyone help or has anyone experienced this problem. Many thanks warm regards stephanie

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Okay, I have to ask the question, because you didn't say: What happens when you connect the iPad to iTunes? Is it recognized? Does iTunes give you any pop-ups or start doing anything?

It may be that you'll have to restore your iPad and put your last backup on it...

Let us know what iTunes says and we can try to help.

Marilyn

OP
S
Reaction score
Hi Marilyn - the screen just frozen on - 2 is disabled connect to itunes" can't do anything on the screen at all - cant connect cant move - all it does it close down and turn on... thats it?

ucopzaha

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i have the same problem n when i had connected to itunes its popup u must unlock first, i became more confuse......can any one give some answers plese......

Most reactions