What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPad 2 freezes when trimming a video

joaocruz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,

If this question is already on the forum my excuses, I've done a search and I've found nothing on the subject.

I have the following problem when i try to trim a movie, a movie made with gopro 2 camera (resolution 720p 2:30mins), the ipad freezes, when the progress bar reaches about 50% it always freezes on the same place with any video.
When i trim a video made with the Ipad, the trim function works perfectly.

anyone encountered similar problems?
what could it be? memory issues?
is there any other app better for trimming videos? free? :p

kiloyank

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Solution

Hello,

If this question is already on the forum my excuses, I've done a search and I've found nothing on the subject.

I have the following problem when i try to trim a movie, a movie made with gopro 2 camera (resolution 720p 2:30mins), the ipad freezes, when the progress bar reaches about 50% it always freezes on the same place with any video.
When i trim a video made with the Ipad, the trim function works perfectly.

anyone encountered similar problems?
what could it be? memory issues?
is there any other app better for trimming videos? free? :p

I had the same issue. Apparently its a problem between ipad & gopro cameras. The problem is that it is actually trimming the videos and it's not showing them on your photos app. Bottom line, it's occupying space, specially if you tried this several times. I know there must be a way of getting to those videos with iFile but my iPad is not jailbroken. So, I found something that worked for me. Go to settings>general>reset>reset all settings. This will erase your settings and bring back those vids. This will not erase any data or media. It will just forget about settings like network prefs, icloud account(will not erase, just have to put ur email and pass again), etc. It's a lil weird, but it worked for me. This should only be done to retreive those videos occupying space and not showing.

To trim the videos, I'm just using iMovie. Haven't tried any other apps but iMovie does the job.

Good luck!

Most reactions

Latest posts