What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad freezes up when playing video

JohnHenry

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad regularly freezes up when playing video. This happens with YouTube and with any videos downloaded from iTunes. When it freezes up, it's completely non-responsive and all I can do is a reset with the Power & Home button. Is there anything I can do to prevent this from happening? I've seem some threads which mention a system reset, but I'm not sure what that means.

Any ideas?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you've reset your iPad then that's the usual cure. However, try this. Completely quit the video app by double pressing the Home button to open the multi-task bar. Now press and hold any icon until they all start to jiggle. Now touch the upper left hand corner of the video app to completely close it.

Now press the Home button again to close the multi-task bar and try again and see if this fixes the problem...

Tim

Most reactions