What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2, does it scratch easily?

virtuoso

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I signed up here just to say that the iPad2's screen is so easily scratched. I was one of those who used to believe that the screen was made out of a high quality glass. I'd been believing that (even started telling people about it) until two days ago when mine got a deep long scratch for letting a neighbor's kid's handled it for few hours. I still own both iPad1 & iPhone4 without a screen protector as well. None of them has any scratch on them so far. It's either because I've always been taking good care of my things or they were made with different materials than the iPad2. The bottom line, if you, like myself, think you don't like looking at the lines on the screen all the time, get a screen protector.

King.Khoja

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know there have been a couple of people on this forum who managed to scratch their screen deep enough to feel it. So it is possible but you gotta be pretty careless with it to have that happen.

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tomthbomb said:
Microfiber cloths have been mentioned here several times. How and how often are they to be cleaned (washed)?

Microfiber cloths are so readily available and inexpensive that I usually change to a new one when it wears out, maybe once every three months or so.

steeleblue

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I put a Power Support Anti-glare on mine. For 2 reasons, I have a couple of grandkids and they are tough on things, and I love the anti-glare and anti-fingerprint properties. After I got mine we bought my husband an iPad too and I compared his new "naked" screen to mine and saw no difference. And the anti-glare, anti-fingerprint really works well. I use mine outside all the time.

I gave my grandkids an iPad 1 referb and had it basically shrink-wrapped in Ghost Armour. It has a bit of orange peel effect but is not really noticable and feels ok.

I look at it this way, if the screen protector does not distract from the look or feel, why not. A scratch would definitely detract from the use so I will probably always add a protector until the screen is absolutely scratch-proof (which probably will not happen in my lifetime).

GaryRea

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, duh. Of course it will scratch if you're using a nail file or a garden rake to surf the web with, but the fact of the matter is that the iPad's sensors are controlled by galvanic skin response. It is the electrical current from your body that operates the interface. That being the case, why would you ever be using anything on the surface other than your fingertips, which is what the surface is designed for? I use a cover on mine, so, when it is not in use, it is fully protected. When in use, nothing but my skin is touching the surface.

Edited by Moderator - this is a family friendly forum, *please mind your language.

Last edited by a moderator:

Most reactions