What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 does 3D

Nugga

iPF Noob
Reaction score
it looks cool.
Could be nice with a demo app, atleast in Cydia so you could show to friends and family

SheerLuckHolmes

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sounds like this is only in development. Wonder when it will be available and when I would be able to watch Avatar on my iPad in 3D! Now that is what I want!!!!!!!!!

Dorje

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You know what the real trick would be? Engaging he front and rear cameos for augmented reality games. It's to bad there isn't a secondary IR camera like in the Kinect to pull some depth/distance tracking.

OP
K

Kirwin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You know what the real trick would be? Engaging he front and rear cameos for augmented reality games. It's to bad there isn't a secondary IR camera like in the Kinect to pull some depth/distance tracking.

I did notice that all of the examples were of stationary objects. I'm not sure if 'motion' can be obtained.

Dorje

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sure it can with enough rendering power. The head tracking is giving the rendering engine it's perspective. The trouble comes because unlike a stationary viewpoint it has to render everying all over the screen every time you move, especially moving objects.

Obviously we won't see Infinty Blade or Real Racer level graphics but something simpler like the tech demo games on the 3DS would do just fine.

Most reactions