What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 dock. Where are they?

Aces2412

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No stores carry them, yet? It just seems unusual that this item is having such a supply issue. Online says 1 to 2 or 3 weeks. Anyone that has ordered one please advise how long it took to receive. Thx

danrivito

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not sure what the deal is... I ended up getting a dock for the first gen iPad at best buy and it works fine with my ipad2.

Sent from my iPad2 using Forum Runner

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not sure what the deal is... I ended up getting a dock for the first gen iPad at best buy and it works fine with my ipad2.

I'm interested in this - does the fact that the iPad2 is thinner than the iPad1 cause a problem? I have both the standalone dock and the keyboard dock and they're both a 'snug' fit around the iPad1 and that helps support the iPad in portrait mode. I had imagined that - given the fact that the iPad2 is thinner - this would lead to a problem if I tried to use the iPad1 dock with an iPad2.

Tim
Scotland

Deggy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am waiting on mine, just hope it still works with the Zagg leather when it comes out.

danrivito

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
I'm interested in this - does the fact that the iPad2 is thinner than the iPad1 cause a problem? I have both the standalone dock and the keyboard dock and they're both a 'snug' fit around the iPad1 and that helps support the iPad in portrait mode. I had imagined that - given the fact that the iPad2 is thinner - this would lead to a problem if I tried to use the iPad1 dock with an iPad2.

Tim
Scotland

No issues at all. My
ipad2 sits very tight in the first gen dock. I'd definitely recommend it if you can't get an ipad2 specific dock.

Most reactions

Latest posts