What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 crash threads

emjmitch

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I keep getting kicked out of apps and rerouted to Safari where Shasta.vizu.com opens blank pages. I have cleaned my iPad even created a new Apple ID. I clear history cookies and have reset it. I have also deleted apps and installed them over and over. I'm told that this web page is affiliated with robotic ad outputs, but I need to find a way to block it. It's making using my iPad frustrating and borderline impossible. My question is it thinkable that someone else could b tapping into my home internet and to access my pad. If not how do I stop this bot. It's being bombarded with this Shasta.vizu.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I keep getting kicked out of apps and rerouted to Safari where Shasta.vizu.com opens blank pages. I have cleaned my iPad even created a new Apple ID. I clear history cookies and have reset it. I have also deleted apps and installed them over and over. I'm told that this web page is affiliated with robotic ad outputs, but I need to find a way to block it. It's making using my iPad frustrating and borderline impossible. My question is it thinkable that someone else could b tapping into my home internet and to access my pad. If not how do I stop this bot. It's being bombarded with this Shasta.vizu.

My understanding is that this is caused by poor programming in some apps (they are incorrectly running ad scripts).

The only suggestion I can think of is to (1) identify which apps are causing you to go to this Safari page and then (2) writing to the developer of the app to tell them of the issue. Only they can fix it...

On a slightly reassuring not, no, you don't have someone tapping into your hone internet and accessing your iPad. Again, it's just a misbehaving app.

Marilyn

Mushcb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How do I find the information on Words with Friends to notify them of the problem? Does deleting the app and then re-installing it help?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
How do I find the information on Words with Friends to notify them of the problem? Does deleting the app and then re-installing it help?

There usually is a developer contact or web site address in the AppStore. In addition, there is a contact address in the Help section within the app. Hopefully, one of those two areas will have an e-mail address where you can notify the developers.

Now, I don't know what type of error you are having with the app, but I have found that, sometimes, deleting and reinstalling the app helps. At least, it has for me... :)

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts