What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 case

tahmed

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am a middle school teacher. I am looking for the best case to protect my iPad. My biggest concern is having students drop it. We have already had two broken at our school from students dropping them. Remember I am a teacher and can't afford a really expensive case. I want the most protection for the most value.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Otterbox Defender. And then for extra safety keep it in a padded bag designed for a 10" notebook computer. I know it's hard to believe but my working environment is even more dangerous than a classroom full of 14 year olds, and my iPad survives.

McTablet_T2C

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gumdrop drop tech or Wardmaster envelope case. Both very good in my opinion. You can watch videos on you tube of people dropping them from ridiculous heights.

happysally

iPF Noob
Reaction score
the evio harmony would help cos it protects the back and front of the ipad, as i ve been using it for a while now.
you can take a look at their website by googling evio harmony.

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an Evio Harmony case and like it very much. It's unique and very attractive. Have to say, though, that I wouldn't recommend it for the the OP's requirements. The Gumdrop or Otterbox options, I think, provide significantly better protection in an environment full of middle school students.

Krick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gumdrop drop tech or Griffin Survivor. The Survivor offers the most protection of any case I know, but the drop tech is a tad slimmer. Not a fan of the otterbox.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

scofield

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.goodscool.net
First, choose one magnesium alloy case to protect your ipad.
Second, take a rope on the other's case prevent your students drop it.

seanr7

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the griffin survivor and it's a beast. The only one I know of that's passed military specs for durability. It has it's draw backs because of how bulky it is but for a classroom setting I can't think of a better case. The otterbox isn't worth the money, no full time screen protector and way to many open spots allowing liquid into the device.

OP
T

tahmed

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. I was looking at the M edge and the grip case. I know they both seem like over kill, but I figure if they are good for toddlers then they would work for middle schools. Anyone know anything about either of them?

We are looking at getting a class set so price is a bit of an issue.

Most reactions

Latest posts