What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 camera?

cellur111

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok so when I go to the camera app for the iPad when I want to take a picture the button on the screen for taking it isn't in it's normal place?or was this in the update for 5.1

Attachments

• image-3750007124.jpg
    image-3750007124.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 2,578

HowBoutThemPack

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lol, another one of those amazing "upgrades". The camera on ipad2 sucks, so they should just have left everything the same as it was in this update.

Sent from my jailbroken iPad2 using iPF

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The button is actually more convenient now. It's was hard to hold the iPad stead with one hand and tab the shutter button with the other. Now you can hold it by both edges and tap the shutter with your thumb. Better, even if it takes a bit of getting used to.

And since the new iPad has a much better camera, I disagree that they should have just left it alone. iOS 5.1 is mostly about the new iPad. Very little was added otherwise.

Besides, the little things add up. Better is better. Just because you don't win the Lotto is no reason to be ungrateful for the $20 in your birthday card.

HowBoutThemPack

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
The button is actually more convenient now. It's was hard to hold the iPad stead with one hand and tab the shutter button with the other. Now you can hold it by both edges and tap the shutter with your thumb. Better, even if it takes a bit of getting used to.

And since the new iPad has a much better camera, I disagree that they should have just left it alone. iOS 5.1 is mostly about the new iPad. Very little was added otherwise.

Besides, the little things add up. Better is better. Just because you don't win the Lotto is no reason to be ungrateful for the $20 in your birthday card.

Sorta, but all the hype that surrounds apples latest and greatest is typically worthless from year to year. It'd be better if they just skipped the in between beta BS and brought out a newer, bigger, flawless platform every two years instead.

zphone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
HowBoutThemPack said:
Sorta, but all the hype that surrounds apples latest and greatest is typically worthless from year to year. It'd be better if they just skipped the in between beta BS and brought out a newer, bigger, flawless platform every two years instead.

So you are saying they should have skipped the ipad2? Why, it sold like hot cakes - I don't see how your suggestion would bring in more revenue.

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
I agree, the iPad 2 camera is rubbish for taking serious phots and vids, but heck, it's only a web cam for web cam purposes. Works a treat for video calling. This is the reason I bought the ipad2. If you're that dissatisfied with Apple then why purchase it? I'm glad they don't wait every other year to release products. Gives the whole consumer base more options.

HowBoutThemPack

iPF Noob
Reaction score
sjleworthy said:
I agree, the iPad 2 camera is rubbish for taking serious phots and vids, but heck, it's only a web cam for web cam purposes. Works a treat for video calling. This is the reason I bought the ipad2. If you're that dissatisfied with Apple then why purchase it? I'm glad they don't wait every other year to release products. Gives the whole consumer base more options.

I'm not completely dissatisfied with apple. The iPad is by far the best out there. As for the iPhone, I don't believe it is. I have a Droid X2 that I'm very satisfied with. However, it is becoming outdated. When I can get another phone at contract price I will probably switch over to iPhone just because I can sync everything effortlessly. I would much rather have the Droid Galaxy Nexus because IceCreamSandwhich is lightyears ahead of iOS 5.1. With regards to what you said about giving the consumer base more options: I can understand why they do put out a version 1.5 if you will. Apple doesn't have the options that Droid does. However, it's almost pointless to put out a new version, while creating so much hype for basically no reason. The iPhone 4 to the iPhone 4s was merely a Siri upgrade. It was a great marketing scheme because there are diehard apple fans out there that are easily duped into purchasing technology (which Droid already had, but just didn't market it) that is essentially the same as prior. The latest upgrade in the iPad was nothing special really. The screen is crystal clear on the new one, which to some is a big deal (I don't know why), and the processor is faster, which a normal person really can't notice.

Point of this is that Apple has some of the most brilliant marketers out there. They put out great products, but really don't separate themselves from the competition in regards to quality or technology. They give the illusion that they do, and that again is due to their brilliant marketing team.

HowBoutThemPack

iPF Noob
Reaction score
HowBoutThemPack said:
I'm not completely dissatisfied with apple. The iPad is by far the best out there. As for the iPhone, I don't believe it is. I have a Droid X2 that I'm very satisfied with. However, it is becoming outdated. When I can get another phone at contract price I will probably switch over to iPhone just because I can sync everything effortlessly. I would much rather have the Droid Galaxy Nexus because IceCreamSandwhich is lightyears ahead of iOS 5.1. With regards to what you said about giving the consumer base more options: I can understand why they do put out a version 1.5 if you will. Apple doesn't have the options for consumers that Droid does. However, it's almost pointless to put out a new version, while creating so much hype for basically no reason. The iPhone 4 to the iPhone 4s was merely a Siri upgrade. It was a great marketing scheme because there are diehard apple fans out there that are easily duped into purchasing technology (which Droid already had, but just didn't market it) that is essentially the same as prior. The latest upgrade in the iPad was nothing special really. The screen is crystal clear on the new one, which to some is a big deal (I don't know why), and the processor is faster, which a normal person really can't notice.

Point of this is that Apple has some of the most brilliant marketers out there. They put out great products, but really don't separate themselves from the competition in regards to quality or technology. They give the illusion that they do, and that again is due to their brilliant marketing team.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Computers and electronics have been over and over this scenario for years. VHS and Betamax video cassette recorders were a case in point. The superior technology of Beta lost out to VHS simply because Sony decided to go one way instead of the other.

Similarly, a lot of home computers that showed real promise lost out to inferior machines like the Sinclair Spectrum. It has been the same ever since.

The real crunch time for tablets is yet to come, and no-one can predict who the victor might be. When the market reaches saturation, and the majority of sales are replacements, the lesser players will start to fall. I would put money on the iPad being THE tablet after Armageddon, but not too much money. Same with cellphones. Blackberry seemed untouchable. Look at RIM now.

Samsung and Apple are probably the strongest right now, but who knows what quirk of marketing will sway the consumer? Brand loyalty is not about being a blind follower of a company in spite of everything. I wouldn't even look at an HTC product, having been burned once with one of their lousy cellphones. Are they any better now? Don't know. Don't care. They'll never see a dime of my money again. Yet other consumers might swear by that company's products.

Apple has supplied me with products that do as I ask, for a price I'm prepared to pay. So long as they do that, I'll stay with them. When they fail me, I'll be gone like a rat out of a drain.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts