What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad 2 bluetooth keyboard to buy.

apple2011

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have got my ipad 2 for over half a year,while the case for it was not really satisfied me all the way along...
These days I tried to search for a new case with bluetooth keyboard online...
Here is what I got,It appeared that the case could connect to the bluetooth freely and conveniently,classical black color(which is my best love),suitable size for ipad connecting,and one more advantage the competitive price.
here is the link of it:Ipad 2 Mobile Bluetooth Keyboard
But I am sure to buy it or not.
Any people can give me some advices?

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've seen another keyboard that looks just like this one. The Zagg, but I think it was quite a bit more about $100.00. I also recall it was a logitech keyboard with it. Look I can't advise you one way or another but I know that there are quite a few threads about this. Do a search and you will see what everyone is saying about their cases and that will probably help you.

Wolfpuppies3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Had the Zagg/Logitec keyboard

for my iPad1 and it worked very well. $99. Never bothered getting another when I replaced iPad1 with iPad2 as it was just one more thing to carry and made the whole setup the size of a laptop, exactly what I did not need as I have both a MB Pro 15" and MB Air.

Keypad on iPad2 works fine for my iPad usage.

Just my two cents worth.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought the Apple Bluetooth keyboard and origami case because I have iPad 1 and 2 and didn't want to hassle with a model-specific keyboard. I also like its light weight and the ease of having the keyboard not attached to my iPads, because I can quickly grab the keyboard when needed, or leave it at home, as I usually do. I can also pack them separately with ease.

I also can lend it to my husband for his iPad 1, and expect that I'd be able to keep using the keyboard if I upgraded to iPad 3. Or I could give it away to friends with Macs or iDevices later. Less landfill possibility.

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought the Apple Bluetooth keyboard and origami case because I have iPad 1 and 2 and didn't want to hassle with a model-specific keyboard. I also like its light weight and the ease of having the keyboard not attached to my iPads, because I can quickly grab the keyboard when needed, or leave it at home, as I usually do. I can also pack them separately with ease.

I also can lend it to my husband for his iPad 1, and expect that I'd be able to keep using the keyboard if I upgraded to iPad 3. Or I could give it away to friends with Macs or iDevices later. Less landfill possibility.

Same here and I like the Origami Workstation/Apple Wireless Keyboard very much. But if I were starting from scratch at this point, I'd seriously consider a similar product from Logitech that includes the keyboard and stand for $70.

Logitech® Tablet Keyboard For iPad

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Same here and I like the Origami Workstation/Apple Wireless Keyboard very much. But if I were starting from scratch at this point, I'd seriously consider a similar product from Logitech that includes the keyboard and stand for $70.

Logitech® Tablet Keyboard For iPad

The funny thing is, I came down to two choices at Best Buy, and the Logitech one was my runner-up. I would've preferred a black keyboard, but couldn't justify the extra weight of the Logitech one for appearance's sake.

It turned out later that I really like the origami case, too. Neat design, and as someone else suggested, you can vary its angles more with an extra piece of Velcro.

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The funny thing is, I came down to two choices at Best Buy, and the Logitech one was my runner-up. I would've preferred a black keyboard, but couldn't justify the extra weight of the Logitech one for appearance's sake.

It turned out later that I really like the origami case, too. Neat design, and as someone else suggested, you can vary its angles more with an extra piece of Velcro.

That's interesting. I haven't heard a weight comparison before. The Logitech is listed on the Best Buy site at 1.2 lbs but (a) I assume that includes the cover/stand and (b) I can't find a weight for the AWK, much less a combined weight with the OW. (and I don't have a postal scale to weigh mine.)

Another possible plus for the Origami Workstation/AWK is the size of the combo. I carry mine in a Travel Express case from Waterfield Designs. It just barely fits (along with my iPad, of course.) Any longer and it wouldn't make it. The Logitech appears to be about the same size but even a centimeter difference would be a problem in the bag I use.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
jsh1120 said:
Another possible plus for the Origami Workstation/AWK is the size of the combo. I carry mine in a Travel Express case from Waterfield Designs. It just barely fits (along with my iPad, of course.) Any longer and it wouldn't make it. The Logitech appears to be about the same size but even a centimeter difference would be a problem in the bag I use.

My iPad lives on the floor of my truck, so needs some protection. I also have the Apple keyboard. I bought a Targus netbook case which fits both devices, two phones and all the chargers and leads for $30 from Staples.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score

That's interesting. I haven't heard a weight comparison before. The Logitech is listed on the Best Buy site at 1.2 lbs but (a) I assume that includes the cover/stand and (b) I can't find a weight for the AWK, much less a combined weight with the OW. (and I don't have a postal scale to weigh mine.)

I did side-by-side comparisons at Best Buy (without a scale, lol) and wondered why the Logitech was heavier. I thought maybe batteries were in it and not the Apple keyboard (I was comparing the origami case in combination), so I asked a sales guy. He was surprised, too, when he picked them up and compared, and he joked that maybe the Logitech was made out of lead. But he told me he had the AWK and that it came with batteries, so that clinched it for me. I basically need the keyboard only when I travel without a netbook or laptop but have a bit of work to do, and I'm always trying to limit how weight and bulk much I have to pack.

Of course, companies sometimes improve and otherwise tweak products and packaging, so maybe Logitech has changed its keyboard since I shopped. I read on another thread that Apple had tweaked its keyboard since my purchase, but I don't know why.

I wondered about getting one of those lightweight silicone (?) keyboards, which you can roll up and are water resistant, but I wasn't sure they'd be much better than the virtual keyboard on the iPad.

Last edited:

cayleg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple bluetooth keyboard not working on jail broken ipad

sales guy said i would need cydia support and thats true but cydia app
not fully supported i could not get hot keys to work
only show keyboard
returned it and got hipgear
pocket bluetooth keyboard and now
brightness and volume work but not all keys like show apps button.
bluetooth keyboard is not supported under 4.3.3 jailbreak
-so just a heads up your going to need bluetooth keyboard stack
from cydia store to help-

:D-a better investment is the camera kit and ifile to transfer videos and music
and everything else with it ,works great and easy to use.
my 2 cents!

OP
A

apple2011

iPF Noob
Reaction score
sales guy said i would need cydia support and thats true but cydia app
not fully supported i could not get hot keys to work
only show keyboard
returned it and got hipgear
pocket bluetooth keyboard and now
brightness and volume work but not all keys like show apps button.
bluetooth keyboard is not supported under 4.3.3 jailbreak
-so just a heads up your going to need bluetooth keyboard stack
from cydia store to help-

:D-a better investment is the camera kit and ifile to transfer videos and music
and everything else with it ,works great and easy to use.
my 2 cents!

thanks for your tips,cayleg
Since my ipad is not jailbroken,this kind of matter would not happen.
I will go and see the zagg in the mall again and compare with others.

Most reactions

Latest posts