What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 battery draining quicker. help.

z4_ryan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad2 16gb battery has been draining faster each day, I got one of the very 1st shipments in March and for the 1st two weeks it was unbelievable how long it lasted, now just messing with it for about 25 min. and its already at 90% n drops pretty quick. I have my brightness really low and on auto, I always close my apps from the multi-tasking-ish bar. It's a WiFi model, and I even have push notifications off and mail only when I request it. I can't figure out anything else to do, n I have been searching here a lot

Gunny008

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You could try letting the battery drain down to 0% and then doing a full charge to 100%.

This may solve the issue for you.

Serianni

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey drain it to under 20% the lower the better. Turn it off. Charge it full, and should be good to go! This should help immediately and in the future try to wait to under 20% before you plug it in. Good luck! :)

jakerich

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Serianni's advice was OK for one time, or once a month, but LiIon batteries don't last as long if you routinely take them down that far. Do it once, to recalibrate the battery meter, then repeat once a month. Otherwise, keep it topped off as mucha as you can, it'll last longer.

OP
Z

z4_ryan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, but what sucks is that I have tried both of those b4 n it still drains quick, should I call Apple?

OP
Z

z4_ryan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Since I first posted the thread it has already dropped to below 45% with just simple web surfing. The 1st 2 weeks it lasted me all day and would barely b at 80-85% when I was going to bed

tmno2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Ryan

Some of the things that have not been mentioned.

Location services
Bluetooth

Try looking in general settings and turn off what is really not needed.

Also as another check, turn on Airplane Mode, which shuts down everything, phone, wi-fi, Bluetooth and location services, not that you have a phone in the iPad to shut off.

Then turn on your wi-fi while in airplane mode to enable mail and web browsing, and see if that makes a difference.

You have probably accumulated a lot of apps that are drawing excessively from these services.

If those actions do not diminish the rate of discharge, then I think you should refer to Apple to rectify the problem.

Hope this info helps

Why does everybody, except you and I, appear crazy?

OP
Z

z4_ryan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the help everyone, ill try EVERYTHING tonight and hopefully it works, if not I better contact Apple in the 1st 90 days.

JJK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What is Ping for? Will I loose some functions when I turn it off?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Svenster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Pocobear said:
Ping is in the Settings > General > Restrictions > Ping = Off

Thank you. I have not enabled restrictions, so the are off.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Endri

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi! My Ipad 2 32gb 3g battery is draining very fast. For 25 min it goes from 100% to 90%. I have bought this Ipad on May. I have let the battery drain down to 0% and then doing a full charge to 100% but it doesnt work anymore. What should i do?

ColemanLee09

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Endri said:
Hi! My Ipad 2 32gb 3g battery is draining very fast. For 25 min it goes from 100% to 90%. I have bought this Ipad on May. I have let the battery drain down to 0% and then doing a full charge to 100% but it doesnt work anymore. What should i do?

Are all your apps closed on multitask? If not this could be why. Hit the home button twice and your multitasking apps should show up, close the ones you aren't using to save battery and memory so less lag for your app!

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF.

Most reactions

Latest posts