What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Battery draining fast...

MoonlitSonata

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ok, so I replaced my iPad that suffered from severe light bleeding. This unit has NONE whatsoever, but I'm getting MUCH less battery life than I should. Example: Today, I've been using my iPad for about two hours and it's at 71% battery. Even the old one didn't drain this fast. Should I replace it AGAIN?

Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

OP
MoonlitSonata

MoonlitSonata

iPF Novice
Reaction score
sjleworthy said:
Some activities, and background activities drain battery substantially. 30% drainage in 2 hours isnt against normality, depending on usage.

i only ever run one app at a time and i keep the brightness almost all the way down, because brightness irritates my eyes after too long. So, knowing that...is that decline too steady?

OP
MoonlitSonata

MoonlitSonata

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Battery's still draining faster than my original one, it seems. Ugh. It was a pain to replace it once...

Yellow_Jello

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It depends on how high your brightness is, so If it's low you will save more battery but if it's high your battery will drain faster

Oops

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That don't sound right... I get at least 10eish hours on mine. Even with heavy usage...

Used it last week Sunday to record a 8 hour lecture (well not whole 8 hours)... But the batter was on 22% when I got home.

Sent from my iPad using my fingers

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Try the battery threads on search, loads of advice there!

sent with love from my iPad on IPF

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
In case you havn't had it long, I believe that it sometimes takes a few days for the battery to begin performing at it's full capacity.

OP
MoonlitSonata

MoonlitSonata

iPF Novice
Reaction score
info said:
In case you havn't had it long, I believe that it sometimes takes a few days for the battery to begin performing at it's full capacity.

I've had it since 5/19

Last edited:

Most reactions