What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 and iPhone Shipments Possibly Affected by Labour and Parts Shortages

hookedtoipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
cant help myself but think that these workers, even though in need of a job, are basically locked into those factory towns for months...

bookcase

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered mine from a local very large store (Heard of Nebraska Furniture Mart?) because the wait time was much less than ordering from Apple or any other retailer. They only have 64GB Verizon iPad2's in stock and they are receiving a new shipment on May 25th. I'm supposed to pick up my order on May 27th. Here's hoping that they actually get their order on time!

If you got it china_cat I'll be very displeased. On April 14 I ordered a 32gb wifi only black model from them. I you I was told a wait time shorter than Apple- May 1st but call before because it might come in sooner. I called about 4 days before it was suppose to come in. I was informed that they did receive a shipment and my should be ready for pickup on April 30. However on April 29th the day before I was suppose to pick it up (and just days before their big shareholder meeting), I received an automated telephone message saying that my order was delayed until June 1st (today). When I called customer care they informed me that the customer service agent I talked to before had no clue what he was talking about and must have looked up a different product. The I got this whole thing about how Apple had obligations to their direct customers and would be fulfilling the orders for NFM soon. They continued to take orders for ipads during this time with an expected pick up for June 1. I called their customer service several times during this time period making sure that all of the info was correct, my last direct contact with customer care being on May 28th. At that time I was informed that everything looked great and there seemed to be no new delays. On May 30th I called the automated customer care system "Your order will be ready for pick up on July 2, 2011". Today I received that dreaded automated phone call again "This is an important message from Nebraska Furniture Mart... your order has been July 2".

This time to get their excuses in writing I emailed them and got this response:
"[FONT=&quot]Thank you for your email. I am sorry that the delays in the Ipad have caused disappointment for your friend. And it is very much a problem for NFM to have so many disappointed customers due to the delays from Apple. We are unhappy and frustrated as well by these delays however we do not have control over the delays that Apple keeps having with their shipments to us. I am sorry that I am unable to provide further assistance to you. Unfortunately there is the possibility of further delay, we are certainly hoping this does not happen because we understand how disappointing that would be. However we can not guarantee the arrival date due to the shipping process being out of our control. Please let us know if you have any additional questions or concerns."
[/FONT]My email to Apple directly to see if they would respond to what Nebraska Furniture Mart says is their fault has gone unanswered so far.

All I want is to get an Ipad for a teacher to be able to use in her classroom. I guess that's too much to ask for these days.

bookcase

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you got it china_cat I'll be very displeased.
I worded this wrong. I will be very displeased with Nebraska Furniture Mart either way either for taking care of a newer order before mine or by making others go through the fiasco I've already have.

Dee Ashley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.houseofwags.com
I think I would order one directly from Apple. If the one from Apple shows up first, I would cancel the other order and/or get a refund. If the first one comes in, return or cancel the one from Apple.

china_cat84

iPF Noob
Reaction score
bookcase said:
If you got it china_cat I'll be very displeased. On April 14 I ordered a 32gb wifi only black model from them. I you I was told a wait time shorter than Apple- May 1st but call before because it might come in sooner. I called about 4 days before it was suppose to come in. I was informed that they did receive a shipment and my should be ready for pickup on April 30. However on April 29th the day before I was suppose to pick it up (and just days before their big shareholder meeting), I received an automated telephone message saying that my order was delayed until June 1st (today). When I called customer care they informed me that the customer service agent I talked to before had no clue what he was talking about and must have looked up a different product. The I got this whole thing about how Apple had obligations to their direct customers and would be fulfilling the orders for NFM soon. They continued to take orders for ipads during this time with an expected pick up for June 1. I called their customer service several times during this time period making sure that all of the info was correct, my last direct contact with customer care being on May 28th. At that time I was informed that everything looked great and there seemed to be no new delays. On May 30th I called the automated customer care system "Your order will be ready for pick up on July 2, 2011". Today I received that dreaded automated phone call again "This is an important message from Nebraska Furniture Mart... your order has been July 2".

This time to get their excuses in writing I emailed them and got this response:
"Thank you for your email. I am sorry that the delays in the Ipad have caused disappointment for your friend. And it is very much a problem for NFM to have so many disappointed customers due to the delays from Apple. We are unhappy and frustrated as well by these delays however we do not have control over the delays that Apple keeps having with their shipments to us. I am sorry that I am unable to provide further assistance to you. Unfortunately there is the possibility of further delay, we are certainly hoping this does not happen because we understand how disappointing that would be. However we can not guarantee the arrival date due to the shipping process being out of our control. Please let us know if you have any additional questions or concerns."
My email to Apple directly to see if they would respond to what Nebraska Furniture Mart says is their fault has gone unanswered so far.

All I want is to get an Ipad for a teacher to be able to use in her classroom. I guess that's too much to ask for these days.

LOL Don't worry, I didn't get my iPad from them! I got the same run around that you did and you can believe they got an earful. I just love how they tell you that it will DEFINITELY be coming in on the specified date - probably sooner - and then the day before you get an automated message saying it will be another MONTH! Not to mention that I live an hour away and cleared my schedule so that I could pick it up on June 1st.

Unfortunately, I couldn't wait until July. I needed my iPad for school and Summer semester starts June 6th. I called around and found an iPad that wasn't 64gb 3G (seems like that's the only model people have!) at Target in Council Bluffs. I ended up buying a 64gb white wifi-only and spending $200 more than I planned but at least I have it for class.

If you're willing to buy a 64gb instead of 32, you might call the Target in Bellevue. When I spoke to the CB Target on Tuesday, I had them check the local stores to see if they had anything other than a 64gb - he said that the Bellevue store had a couple black 64gb wifi-only models in stock. It's been a few days so I don't know if they're still there but it's worth a try. You might be able to find a 64gb one by calling around, but I doubt you'll find anything smaller.

I didn't cancel my order with NFM...I'm still debating on if I should just pick it up and then turn around and sell it again...could probably turn a profit on eBay.

Good luck! Usually NFM has decent customer service....I almost wonder if they did get some in, but since I was lower on the list, I had to wait until the next shipment...

Sent from my iPad using iPF

cjoy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry to hear your troubles but ordering directly from apple means you will get your ipad 2 even if there are delays in china. I ordered mine back on around 4/25 and it was in my hands on 5/9--- with enraving. I am not sure about delays now but apple is the way to go.You do have to be home to sign for it if it ships FedEX but you can pick it up at a fed ex facility also.

china_cat84

iPF Noob
Reaction score
cjoy said:
Sorry to hear your troubles but ordering directly from apple means you will get your ipad 2 even if there are delays in china. I ordered mine back on around 4/25 and it was in my hands on 5/9--- with enraving. I am not sure about delays now but apple is the way to go.You do have to be home to sign for it if it ships FedEX but you can pick it up at a fed ex facility also.

But see, the reason I bought from Nebraska furniture mart is because they PROMISED I'd have it before the EDD that apple gave me....not to mention that I could use my nebraska mart card without any interest...aforementioned some reason, apple wouldn't give me a payment plan desperate my excellent credit...I would have paid off the purchase on my mart card when I received my student loans. Because I bought from target, I ended up having to use the "emergency" credit card (which we hadn't received in the mail yet, when I ordered from NFM) and now I'll have to pay that off when I get my student loans. Ugh. One huge hassle!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts