What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 5.0.2 A/V out with new adapter

mateo012

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So, I have an ipad 2 running on jailbroken iOS 5.0.1. I recently bought the AV adapter to be able to mirror the iPad to my TV via hdmi, but when I plug the iPad in it says "accesory not supported - this accesory requires an iOS update" I really really do not want to update now. DisplayOut won't wore and I've read resupported won't either. Is there any work around for this? something that will let me TV out without having to update?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
mateo012 said:
So, I have an ipad 2 running on jailbroken iOS 5.0.1. I recently bought the AV adapter to be able to mirror the iPad to my TV via hdmi, but when I plug the iPad in it says "accesory not supported - this accesory requires an iOS update" I really really do not want to update now. DisplayOut won't wore and I've read resupported won't either. Is there any work around for this? something that will let me TV out without having to update?

I've heard that not all HDMI cables will work. Try with an Apple HDMI cable and see if that works.

Nakedbabytoes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You may have bought a cable made after your OS,which it doesn't recognize what to do with it or how to make it work until you update your OS to recognize it(vs, say, a camera kit reader). Your device needs to know what this thing is supposed to do when plugged in.
I have the opposite problem. My HDMI reader was the first batch and the newest OS gives me the same error message but I can "okay" it alway and it will mirror. It is an apple direct product, bought at the store even, so that isn't the issue. I called apple and they sent me a new one that works fine with my 3 & latest OS.
It sortof freaks one out though when you update your OS and suddenly an accessory no longer works correctly, both legal apple products used AS INTENDED. I hope they don't make this a habit of OSing adapters out.

OP
M

mateo012

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I still cannot find a way to tv out without having to update, which is a pain in the butt. If anyone knows how, pleeasee tell me.

Most reactions

Latest posts