What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 1 users!!!

Evan2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Love my iPad1!

Before iPad2 release:
95% satisfaction, and learned a lot about owning the 1st post-PC (well put, Jobs) hardware

After iPad2 release - and iSO4.3
Major syncing issues (not fixed yet) and some WiFi trouble

Would take iPad2 speed, but nothing else

Upgrade to iPad2 wouldn't fit my needs - seems more like a 1.5 while waiting for better things: display, Flash (still frustrates me even though MeThinks 50% of videos seem to be available now as opposed to maybe 20% last June), etc. But please keep the same size screen. Anything smaller is not for productivity purposes.

iPad1 it is!

Squirrel71

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm normally someone who jumps on the latest and greatest but I may not for the ipad 2. Don't really need a camera and while the ipad 2 is a little faster, I'm not sure it's worth the upgrade. My sister was looking fowrd to inheriting my ipad 1 but maybe I'll just get her one of the cheaper first gen ipads for an early birthday present.

Siouxzie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, I may kick myself for not waiting for the release of 2 to get the faster processor since I tend to use mine for gaming. I ended up paying full price for my iPad WiFi + 3G +64GB. My Zagg Mate, same thing, full price at Best Buy.

I'm not missing the camera option since I have my Canon for that. If I really DO need to be on camera, I have one of those in my laptop.

Yup, should have waited for the lighter weight/faster processor but I'm not going to throw another $1,000 toward any other products ... at least not until my next student loan.

bachma0507

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just saw that ATT is selling the iPad 1 16gb 3G for $429 online with free shipping. I bought mine last week at an Apple store for $529 plus tax for a total of $566. For $529 I could have gotten the 64gb 3G online at ATT. Shoot! I should have waited, even though my company is paying for it.

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got garage band and imovies for my iPad 1, plus I got the opportunity to read about people still not being satisfied with their ipad2, whether it's the cam, backlight bleeding, dead pixels, never ends..lmao

Geo411m

iPF Noob
Reaction score
bachma0507 said:
Just saw that ATT is selling the iPad 1 16gb 3G for $429 online with free shipping. I bought mine last week at an Apple store for $529 plus tax for a total of $566. For $529 I could have gotten the 64gb 3G online at ATT. Shoot! I should have waited, even though my company is paying for it.

I order it yesterday and I'm going to sell my iPad 2 black wifi 32 gig or return it to target for a full refund. That's a really good price and I rather have twice the storage and Internet where ever I go than the ability to play games faster since. I'm not really a gamer and that's where you'll see the speed improvements.

Sent from my iPad

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got garage band and imovies for my iPad 1, plus I got the opportunity to read about people still not being satisfied with their ipad2, whether it's the cam, backlight bleeding, dead pixels, never ends..lmao

Heh! Politicians have known this for a long time. You just can't please all of the people all of the time...

ricksipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Geo411m said:
I order it yesterday and I'm going to sell my iPad 2 black wifi 32 gig or return it to target for a full refund. That's a really good price and I rather have twice the storage and Internet where ever I go than the ability to play games faster since. I'm not really a gamer and that's where you'll see the speed improvements.

Sent from my iPad

My local AT&T store had one 16gb left in stock this morning. They "said" that they didn't know the 1st gen iPads had been discounted. I might not use the 3G a lot, but I gladly paid the extra $30 for the availability.

Geo411m

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Most reactions

Latest posts