What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 1 upgraders! Are you keeping your ipad 1 or selling it?

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Selling mine. Have a buyer who will pay $600 and will wait until my iPad 2 arrives in a few days.

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad using iPF

D_LA_ROC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm keeping my 16gig wifi iPad 1 because it's Jailbroke and I love the tweaks and customizations that come out EVERYDAY in Cydia! I'm sure once I can Jailbreak my iPad 2, I will sell it. I will probably put it on Craigslist for 325. I know I will get that much because most people on there are charging 350. I just sold a friend of mines iPhone 4 16gig for 500! It wasn't even able to be unlocked!(4.1 baseband). Craigslist is a great way to sell items locally, but you got to be careful who you deal with....

AJsAWiz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tarkio said:
I locked in a price for my ipad1 the week before the iPad 2 launched (gazelle.com). Bought my iPad 2 on launch day. Then I finally shipped off the old one, and I received the check last week.

No regrets, I like everything about the new one so much better. Can't wait for the 1080p iPad 2 games to hit the app store! :)

Me too : )

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Mtnmedic said:
Selling mine. Have a buyer who will pay $600 and will wait until my iPad 2 arrives in a few days. Advertising at $675.

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad using iPF

Or $700 shipped (tracked, fully insured) to anywhere in the U.S. 3 months old (I had to replace my original one back in January), under warranty through May, in PERFECT condition, always with anti-glare screen protector (leaving that on and throwing in another new, unused one) and in a Macally Flexitpad clear case (like the Belkin GripVue), which will stay with it, plus the original box, documentation, cable and AC adapter PLUS a full-sized Bluetooth keyboard.

Last edited:

Hopk1954

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Too good to let go.

I just got a ZaggMate for the iPad 1. It's not going anywhere. The iPad 2 is in field test. Each one has different job sets. Common data is in the Cloud.

Gunny008

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I sold my original ipad for a very very good price.

Then won another at a raffle...then bought an iPad 2 to use for a bit. Once I realised the 2 wasn't for me I took it back to the apple store. It wasn't noticeably faster for me, but the changes were in the right direction!

So now I'll guess I'll save the £ and see what iPad 3 has to offer, hope there isn't too many decent games just compatible on iPad 2!

iSoozin60

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gave my 32gb 3G to my husband and sold his 32gb wifi to my nephew. If my nephew hadn't mentioned that he wanted an iPad I probably would not have ordered the iPad 2. But now that I have it I'm enjoying it!!

OP
S

STi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well..I sold my Ipad 1 on ebay tonight for $425 but gotta say i'm alittle bummed....I been using it when 2 was charging..overall build seems better...The speaker has more volume.. Screen has a cooler tint...Was going to use it as a radio while driving instead on my samsung vibrant ( 2004 WRX STi didn't come with radio)....Oh well....Time to look foward to the galaxy 10.1 release to play with.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Last edited:

Mountaingamer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm keeping my ipad1 until a jb is released for ipad2 - then it depends - I'd prob take $500 for my 32gb 3G iPad 1, but I would not go lower.

Most reactions

Latest posts