What's new
Apple iPad Forum šŸŽ

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 1 Still Selling Like Hot Cakes

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
wi-fi1.JPG

TUAW reports that the original iPad is still selling very well, with many bargains still to be found. So much so that it may one day be an endangered species, so if youĆ¢ā‚¬ā„¢ve got a yearning for the original iPad and not that new-fangled iPad 2, best not to hang around, as Apple has now ceased all production of them. As TUAW notes, all models are currently available on AppleĆ¢ā‚¬ā„¢s clearance site for $100 off, except for the 16 GB Wi-Fi model, which is sold out. AT&T is still selling the 64 GB Wi-Fi +3G model on its online store, at a knock-down price of $529, and this is the only model it would appear to have left. As TUAW points out, once the stock of the original iPad runs out, all over the world, Apple will not be replacing it, so original iPad owners can enjoy the fact that they have a retro classic in years to come, just like the first iPod!

Source: TUAW Original iPads still selling well

AtaRobert

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I love my iPad 1 think there is not much difference to the new one apart from faster and camera any way iPad 1 is fast.

RussTee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was holding out until iPad 2 became available before purchasing my first iPad, however after seeing the specs I wasn't overly impressed. Within days of the iPad 2 announcement Apple authorized all retailers in Australia to slash $200 off the price of the 1st gen iPad. This brought the price of a 16gb, WiFi only device down to $398. Now trying to find this particular spec model was not easy as almost everyone were out of stock. They were indeed selling like hotcakes. I was lucky enough to track one down. One retailer had also slashed all iPad cases & screen protectors by 50% (a couple of items by 75%).
So there are some great bargains out there.

I'm happy with my 1st gen iPad. Performs well. ī•

Trky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This doesn't surprise me. I made a facebook post stating that I wanted to sell my first gen ipad to help fund my ipad2 purchase. It sold in less than 5 minutes, to my cousin.

Lincoln Caldas

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.studiocaldas.com
I bought IPad 1 in two weeks ago. Everything is fine. Ipad1 does everything I need. Its my first Apple product. It was a good idea to wait the announcemet of Ipad2 and buy IPad 1. Its Cheaper in Brazil.

Gunny008

iPF Novice
Reaction score
both are very good devices, iPad2s competition is the iPad!

KJSmitty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Very true,
The iPad2 is very nice yet just not enough of a jump in desire factor to upgrade. For many users though, the speed and other improvements were a critical need for their iPad use etc.
We are now however a three iPad family. With the current deals I acquired two more, in sealed boxes, 32G B/3G first gens for the price of one similar iPad2.

Cheers

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This brought the price of a 16gb, WiFi only device down to $398. Now trying to find this particular spec model was not easy as almost everyone were out of stock. They were indeed selling like hotcakes.

I guess I was one of them: we now have a second 16GB Wifi-only 1s gen device for the benefit of my parents.

bored2426

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Verizon dropped the price of 16 gbiPad 1 wi-fi only to 299 earlier this week. I already have an iPad 2 but I bought the first generation for my parents.

nezing

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here in the UK I bought my iPad 1 two weeks ago (wifi 16gig version),as Apple had cut the cost by ƂĀ£100 Sterling,making it a good choice for me.I have looked at the iPad 2 today,and although much lighter to hold,and "faster",due to "specs upgrade",I shall wait to see what the iPad 3 is like,if/when it is released later this year.

Neil.

jweakley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a first generation iPad, 32GB with 3G. What would it be worth U.S. $ if I were to attempt to sell it?

KJSmitty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jweakley said:
I have a first generation iPad, 32GB with 3G. What would it be worth U.S. $ if I were to attempt to sell it?

For reference, I just grabbed two new/still in box-plastic 32GB/3Gs for $420 each. There were many "used" of the same going for more. If in good shape, case and screen protected you could probably still get $400+ for it in the right market.

Prices are literally all over the map here in the DFW, TX area. There are even folks with used 16GB/3Gs asking $500+.

Bottom line, if you want it sold I would ask $400 and hold pretty firm.

From what I have read, given Apples parts/display supply issues, iPad2 shipments could suffer thus the desire/market for first gen iPads could hold out for quite some time.

jweakley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you. I was just curious. I'll stick with my iPad for now rather than upgrade. I will see what the iPad3 will offer. Apple started a revolution with the iPad. Perhaps someday Apple will allow the iPad to become a complete, stand alone computer without the need to sync.

netkrazed

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm definitely purchasing iPad 1 as backup. It's still a very good product especially at 299.

Most reactions

Latest posts