What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPad 1 - iOS 5 - Safari Crashing

Blackbelt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To my experience most causes of crashes are:
Not closing apps running in the background.
Not resetting the device.
Some apps are buggy with no updates.

Upgrade to 5.0.1 does not cause crashes, it fixed most issues. Lots of articles and topics on this subject on this fourm.

unzoosin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
richsadams said:
What have you done if anything to resolve it? There are millions of upgraded iPads working perfectly, mine included, but things can certainly go south during an upgrade with any computer. The good news with the iPad is that generally they can almost always be resolved, but they usually won't fix themselves.

Well i did tried to restart my ipad everytime i encounter issues first thing i do is that or reset if i've no choice then everything seems back to normal i guess i just figured maybe it's not all about the recent update which is ios 5.0.1, the internet might also be the reason if you got slow connection something like that but c'mon it's not the end of the world Apple will surely address the issues/problems just give it time :) & that is what i keep telling to myself lol!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Last edited:

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well i did tried to restart my ipad everytime i encounter issues first thing i do is that or reset if i've no choice then everything seems back to normal i guess i just figured maybe it's not all about the recent update which is ios 5.0.1, the internet might also be the reason if you got slow connection something like that but c'mon it's not the end of the world Apple will surely address the issues/problems just give it time :) & that is what i keep telling to myself lol!

Well, agreed that it's probably not anything to do with the upgrade...while rare, reports like this have existed since the iPad came out. It does sound like a flaky app or something going on with your particular iPad so it's not likely that the next upgrade will make any difference.

If you'd like to post more details about exactly which apps are giving you problems and what you're seeing you may be able to get things resolved and not have to put up with it.

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can't be of much assistance here except to note that Safari crashing since the latest iOS update is apparently a widespread problem. I've seen it show up in various guises (including here) and in various forums. It's disappointing, of course, to find that an Apple app is problematic with Apple's own operating system but such problems do arise from time to time.

It's always worth trying to resolve a problem individually with the sorts of actions recommended on this thread but I suspect that this is a problem only Apple can resolve.

unzoosin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jsh1120 said:
Can't be of much assistance here except to note that Safari crashing since the latest iOS update is apparently a widespread problem. I've seen it show up in various guises (including here) and in various forums. It's disappointing, of course, to find that an Apple app is problematic with Apple's own operating system but such problems do arise from time to time.

It's always worth trying to resolve a problem individually with the sorts of actions recommended on this thread but I suspect that this is a problem only Apple can resolve.

Couldn't agree with you more! Well just lucky i know few stuff to aid my problem and good thing about me is i never stop till i get to resolve it lol!

Last edited:

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Yes, this seems to be an Apple problem, related to 5 and 5.0.1.

I know how to reset, restart, close apps (I'm anal, so I rarely have a bunch of apps open), look for possible new apps that might conflict, etc. I'm not jailbroken and don't have suspect apps.

I've not changed any of my browsing practices since iPad 3G's debut day more than a year ago. Safari used to be stable. Now it crashes several times a day, on both my iPad 1 and 2.

Bluesjam

iPF Novice
Reaction score
After posting on this thread I restarted the ipad. I didn't spend much time on it after that, maybe tonight I will get a better feel if it helped.

OP
R

RAC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
At least I know that I am not alone. I have tried all the suggested fixes, with no improvement. I suspect that it's something that Apple needs to fix.

Most reactions

Latest posts