What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS8 on iPad 4th gen- performance, bugs, lags?

OP
riturajsharma19

riturajsharma19

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Okay, now that I have been playing with iOS 8.0.2 on the ipad 4 for the past two days, here are my initial impressions. My disappointment from ios 7.1 carries over. The lag in rotation with the keyboard on screen remains. I have tried rebooting, resetting and setting up as new, but the problem remains. Of course, I can turn on 'reduce transparency' from the 'Accessibility' settings to bring back the fluidity, but that renders the bottom bar on the homescreen to grey. And that grey bar doesn't go with any of the colourful wallpapers.

Last edited:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Okay, now that I have been playing with iOS 8.0.1 on the ipad 4 for the past two days, here are my initial impressions. My disappointment from ios 7.1 carries over. The lag in rotation with the keyboard on screen remains. I have tried rebooting, resetting and setting up as new, but the problem remains. Of course, I can turn on 'reduce transparency' from the 'Accessibility' settings to bring back the fluidity, but that renders the bottom bar on the homescreen to grey. And that grey bar doesn't go with any of the colourful wallpapers.

Try installing the newest iOS on the iPad, version 8.0.2. Maybe that'll help with some of your issues?

Marilyn

OP
riturajsharma19

riturajsharma19

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oops! Apologies for my earlier post. Actually, it's iOS 8.0.2 and not 8.0.1 as I had mentioned in my earlier post.

Rperez414

iPF Novice
Reaction score
This may not make you feel any better but I also have a retina iPad mini and the landscape lag is the same as on the ipad 4. There's no difference between the A7 and the A6X.

MorrisTheCat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My only drama is that I can't any longer watch my local TV Station's Live stream for their main show each day of news. The understanding is that they provide it in full feature HTML5 and as Flash. The idea is that anyone going to their url when they are providing streamed video the users device will "work out what to do", if Flash is not a GO it will fail over to HTML5.

Prior to updating to iOS8 I'd no problems at all. Now all I can watch is a preamble commercial and then my iPad4 and iPhone5s (both on iOS8) sit with a black window, the stations "picture frame" the video normally plays in the only thing present. Interestingly friends with android devices have no problems...

Is there a chance anyone has an idea what I need to also add, perhaps another App? It's such a pity that something that worked ok before doesn't now and no one has been able to explain why....

Alex101

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I oly updated last night. All went smoothly and it seems to be working OK. I delayed thinking that any glitches would be sorted out quickly an perhaps they were. Keeping eerything crossed just in case.

Most reactions