What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS v4.2 Update Begins to Roll Out

Al Rogers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not so smooth after all,whn checking both iPads the Music and Movies was not transferred back after re-booting. Its back to the drawing board and see why thiings did not get put back on.

jordexj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
finally... updating to the new version iOS v4.2 is like losing your virginity all over again!! Agreed?

dirtydan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got mine, I had i-Tunes 10.0 and it made me install 10.0.1, then during install of 4.2.1 I had to do a restore. All seems well now. Gotta figure out how to make folders now.
Dan

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
finally... updating to the new version iOS v4.2 is like losing your virginity all over again!! Agreed?
Well an iPad running 4.2.1 may be the neatest thing since sliced bread, but it is definitely NOT better than sex!

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gotta figure out how to make folders now.
Dan
Hold down an app until it wiggles then drag it on top of another app that you want in the same folder. You can have up to 12 apps in the same folder! Tap the Home button when you are done.

And yes, you can rename the folder.

newfmp3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm in the dreaded backup stage....it takes hours for my pad to backup. 7 gig used and I've been waiting an hour and it's only 25% done.

:(

Lionroar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got mine too ... 4.2.1. Mutiltasking works and the new mutil-account email inbox is nice. Too bad my printer won't work with Airprint - only 10 HP printers are supported.

mhalstern

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The upgrade kept all of my apps, but decided to delete all my songs and video's! In my "Ipod," nothing is there. The bottom of the screen reads "syncing" and the middle of the screen reads "canceling sync." I've yet to work this out. In addition, the switch that could lock the (vertical/horizontal) position is no longer a lock. It is now a mute switch.

mhalstern

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got it all back. I copied 1 album that was previously in the Ipad Library. I saw my home screen appear on the ipad. I didn't see any "transferring songs" messages on my pc. Now, the ipad has all my music an podcast. It looks like the upgrade gave a premature message that it was complete and I unplugged the device too early. Still no cure for the mysterious reprogramming of the "hold" switch.

mhalstern

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok -The "hold" switch is now software based. Double tap on the home button - scrool all the way to the left on the bottom icons.

nursedude

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just finished the upgrade. All went smoothly. So far I really like it.

donmonn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Moving folders from page to page

I just upgraded to 4.2.1 (and joined this forum). Does anyone know how to move folders from one page to another?

Most reactions

Latest posts