What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 4.3 Out Now!

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
iOS_4_3_here.JPG

After yesterday’s false start, I can happily report what you all probably know anyway, that iOS 4.3 is here, two days ahead of schedule! The update is compatible with the iPhone 4 (GSM), iPhone 3GS, iPad, iPod touch (4th and 3rd gen). It seems to be ready to go all across the world, without the usual wait for it to roll out, as here in the UK it became available immediately at 6PM (10AM Pacific Time), so hopefully that’s the case worldwide. By now everyone will be familiar with much of what iOS 4.3 has to offer, but just to recap, it offers a personal hotspot facility for the iPhone 4, iTunes Home Sharing, which enables you to play music, films and TV from a shared iTunes library on a Mac or PC, as well as new AirPlay features, including the ability to play videos from the Photos app and slideshows from Photos on Apple TV. Also included in the update is an HD video out facility for use with the new Apple Digital AV Adapter, and new Ping features such as push notifications for comments and follow requests. Possibly the two most important and welcome features of the update are enhanced Safari performance courtesy of the Apple Nitro JavaScript engine, and the changing back of the iPad side-switch setting to give you a choice to either use it as a screen rotation lock (its original purpose) or as a mute switch.

So there you have it, happy updating!

Source: Apple

OP
M

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
:D Foiled again!

hookbill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
:D Foiled again!

You know I would have gave you the story but I had to update my iPad. Priorities….Anyway, I wasn't the first one to find out, another member started the thread.

ctsluder

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ya I was waiting in front of my laptop for noon to hit here since it is central time zone here and I pushed the update button and yes it was there. LOL

zorah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cool. Home from work. Going to my iPhone first then to iPad.

David79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
David79 said:
I cant upgrade or bye bye JB lol

Or you could just go with tethered jb for now.

I like untethered, learned the hard way to not bother with the tethered one, my phone dies too often lol so if it dies while out and I dont have pc kinda stinks. I will just have to wait even tho waiting kills me lmao

zorah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPhone update done and in and iPad one has just started to extract the file. My iPhone has been restarted for quite a few minutes. All told didn't more than 10 or so minutes to go in. I heard people saying an hour-must be lesser traffic time or something!!

David79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Any updates that havent been listed? Like does the phone run better lol

zorah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow. From start to finish, both iPhone and iPad are done. 35 minutes flat for both combined!!!

Most reactions

Latest posts