What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can't update apps

zuluwhiskeyfox

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are several apps that have updates available. However, the button to update all is greyed out. If I try to update the apps one at a time by tapping the update button, well it merely opens that app. I'm on an iPad 4, iOS 7.0.6. My iPhone 5s on iOS 7.1.2 works fine. My wife's iPad 3 on iOS 7.0.6 and iPhone 4S on iOS 7.0.6 won't update apps either.

What's up?

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Since all the problems you are having is on iOS 7.0.6, there is a high chance its an iOS problem and will be solved if you update software to the latest version.

Also, since I have never seen or heard greying out of update button, could you please post a screenshot as to what exactly is happening.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
There are several apps that have updates available. However, the button to update all is greyed out. If I try to update the apps one at a time by tapping the update button, well it merely opens that app. I'm on an iPad 4, iOS 7.0.6. My iPhone 5s on iOS 7.1.2 works fine. My wife's iPad 3 on iOS 7.0.6 and iPhone 4S on iOS 7.0.6 won't update apps either.

What's up?

This is an issue that many users of iOS 7.x seem to be having. Please see this for a temporary solution: http://www.ipadforums.net/threads/app-store-application-update-issue.124516/#post-1082018

There's been no word from Apple (that I'm aware of) that even talks about this issue, but hopefully, it'll get straightened out ... soon.

Marilyn

OP
zuluwhiskeyfox

zuluwhiskeyfox

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if it never gets resolved. The official response is likely to update your OS to 8.x. I don't wish to update my OS at this time. I'm waiting for a jailbreak release.

I followed the above link.

Thank you,

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Have you tried signing out and back into the App Store, either at the bottom of the first tab in the store, or in Settings > iTunes & App Store?

OP
zuluwhiskeyfox

zuluwhiskeyfox

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Signing out and back in..... Ya that was one of the first things I tried.

The above mentioned work around does work. Albeit rather cumbersome.

Most reactions

Latest posts