What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IOS Update problem

jmartin99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am trying to update the IOS on my ipad and when I try to install it, it fails on the download saying I do not have enough storage space for it. I have 19.2G free on my ipad. Is it because my backups to the iCloud leave only 537M free on the iCloud?

HELP!!

Thanks! :)

Jeff

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Your storage in iCloud doesn't have an influence on storage space on the iPad. So iCloud is certainly not the reason for your issue.

If you can't update over the air (Settings - General - Software Update), connect your iPad to iTunes, and update it there. This will install a completely new version of the latest software on your device, and it usually needs less storage than the other method.

OP
J

jmartin99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Connect it to iTunes by connecting it to a pc with the usb charging cable or by the iTunes app?

Thanks!

Jeff

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Make sure the latest iTunes version is installed on your computer, connect your iPad to the computer using a charging cable, and then update it.

Create a most recent backup, before you update, for security reasons.

Most reactions

Latest posts